Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Some People's Views

Just a quick question, what chassis is the IS 200 sport, is it an old Toyota chassis?

The reason I'm asking is because I went down to the local Kwik Fit just to get some tyres changed. One of the guys changing the tyres mentioned how highly he rated Lexus vechcles and how he would prefer a Lexus over BMW and Mercedes.

His collegue replied by suggesting the IS 200 sport is just a Toyota chassis and they (Lexus's) are built by the same people ie Toyota.

His colleague replied by saying not sure about the very first generation Lexus models but certainly the new generation models are new unique Lexus chassis and are bulit by Lexus not Toyota as Lexus are now a completly seperate company that are owned by Toyota, just like VW and Audi, Fiat and Ferrari.

What are your thoughts???

the IS200 is a Toyota Alteeza, built by toyota..

only differences are the engines, however the Lexus models were built with higher grade materials, so ive read!

but to sum up, it is a toyota, but one hell of a toyota!

there the same shell as the Altezza and the is300.

but that means nothing, its only a badge, other than the 4 cylinder engine offered in the jap cars, everything else is basically the same, although the lexus models do use, more sound proofing and have some slight chassis differences, i.e extra bracing than the JDM altezza

either way, id still rather have a Toyota over a BMW now a days, Toyota have always been renowned for reliability, something Lexus takes to a higher level

the new generation lexus models are built in a Lexus factory and dont share there platform with any production TOYOTA

Just as I thought and this is what the guy was saying but his colleague was just being ignorant and suggesting they are just Toyota's.

I just listened and thought some people hey.

the new generation lexus models are built in a Lexus factory and dont share there platform with any production TOYOTA

maybe to move away from TOYOTA parts is the reason why the new ones like to vibrate and rattle so much :whistling::blush::tomato:

maybe to move away from TOYOTA parts is the reason why the new ones like to vibrate and rattle so much :whistling::blush::tomato:

& so they can charge more :tomato:

Thanks for that knee in the groin :whistling::tomato:

Even my Lexus has at least one "Toyota" monique on it...so it ain't that simple!

What they need to do is go down the VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) route, and call it TLC (Toyota Lexus Corp). They can then hav TLC stickers all over them

Just as I thought and this is what the guy was saying but his colleague was just being ignorant and suggesting they are just Toyota's.

I just listened and thought some people hey.

They were both right depending if it is a new generation Lex or not, if yours isn't, then techinically the other guy was right and it is just a Toyota. :tomato:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links