Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

N/s Lower Rear Rear Bush

Had its MOT

Notified. on this rear rear bush.

I cant find any pictures or methods on UK or US site.

Anyone done this?

If you haven't got the garage bush remover tool, Then it's the plain old universal method.

Large lump hammer, Chesil.

Smack out the old centre rubber. you will be left with just the metal housing stuck inside. The hit and try and fold in the metal around the edge and hit along the inside of the metal shim until you win. You'll have a arm like arnie at the end.

Quick answer = Brute force!

If it's the lowest one on the hub it's rear axle carrier.

I had to get poly bushes from the US.

Don't know if Lexus have decided to supply these.

There is a tutorial on lexls website for this job

cheers

Thanks RoyT that looks like it OK.

I guess you chamge both sides?

How much was a set of bushes and pins then?

Or did you change the bushes only.

I knew I'd seen that site before but I lost it. It is great - got it bookmarked now!!

I changed both sides, bushes and pins along with grease were in the kit.

Try a search for bushings, we call them bushes, USA say bushings.

I'll try to find where I got them from and post it

I've done a list of poly bush makers i the suspension part.

But for the record you can get rear trailing poly bushes from superflex for around £32 delivered.

Super pro in Somerset are currently making a full poly bush set for the LS400 which will be available soon, Hopefully JAN 08 or FEB 08.

But for the record you can get rear trailing poly bushes from superflex for around £32 delivered.

Super pro in Somerset are currently making a full poly bush set for the LS400 which will be available soon, Hopefully JAN 08 or FEB 08.

Does this include the Mk4 (1998 - 2000)?

Does this include the Mk4 (1998 - 2000)?

They were just listing the years 1990 to 1994.

Reason is demand. Older LS's have wear and tear on the bushes and now is the time they start to go. Newer models still have good bushes, Hence no real demand from people to force the manufacturer to make a range for that year. In time a set will come out, But in about three or four years when the bushes start to go.

Good news is that some bushes might be the same on all models.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links