Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Opinions Please..

andyhart21

Hi guys, I have got to order some new tyres, 2x 225/40/18's and 2x 255/35/18's

I have got prices from www.mytyres.net and I have narrowed it down to Toyo Proxes T1s or Goodyear Eagle F1's.

The Toyo's come in at £490 and the Goodyears at £580

Is it worth the extra £90 for the Eagle F1's???

Any comments appreciated :)

I always thought the Toyos were excellent on my BM I had had some trouble in the wet with the previous tyres (can't remember the make) and changed to the Toyos when I put 18's on the car. They gave brilliant grip in both wet and dry conditions - they also have a nice tread pattern :blush:

I have Toyo's on at the moment and I am happy with them, the only thing that put doubt in my mind was some fool that I rang today from a tyre company in Derby. He said Eagle F1's are the best tyre ever etc etc and basically said Toyo's were crap.

His reason for Toyo's being crap? (apart from him not selling them ;) )

"Toyo's are cheap tyres and very soft rubber. All tyres with soft rubber are cheap quality because soft rubber is cheaper to produce" :lol::lol::lol:

Goodyear gets a better rating on mytyres.net. :huh:

Goodyear 2.1

Toyo 2.8

I guess you already knew that :blush:

I find it hard to believe the ratings on mytyres.net. especially in the wet. Me boss has had toyos for 2 years and they are fantastic.

Andy, I will say stick to Toyos. May be am being biased cos I had toyos last week and they are brilliant. The grip round corners is great,. May be a bit bumpy.

They are not well known in the market that,s why they are cheaper. TVR have toyos as standard tyres for their cars. That says sometime.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links