Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics

McLean

Just a a set of these fitted to my SC430 in place of GSD-3s and thought I should pass on my first impressions.

Basically, they give the SC the kind of handling and steering feedback I've been looking for all these years - the stiffer sidewalls do their magic just like Goodyear claim (http://eu.goodyear.com/uk_en/tires/repository/Eagle_F1AS/index.jsp) with improved directional control and a slightly quieter ride over the GSD-3s. We'll see what the treadwear turns out to be in due course.

Tony at WIM checked over the alignment afterwards and found it only needed a couple of minor tweeks since the last visit - so well pleased all round!

• 2 weeks later...

Now they've bedded in and I've done a few miles adjusted the pressures and got used to them - confirm all I said before plus for SC430s at least I can add that one noticeable improvement is a significant reduction in the oversteer tendency I had while the GS-D3s were fitted. Don't need to take the corners so wide - or so late - as I used to. Much more confident and predictable handling.

:D

Yup, I read they are quieter too.

Found the following on a US website!

Additionally, another UK magazine, Autocar, presented a high-performance tire test in its October issue, and again, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric came out on top. The staff conducted tests in braking, dry and wet handling, and used both front- and rear-wheel drive cars. Not only finishing first in overall test results, the new Goodyear tire also drew rave comments. In a reference to how much the Eagle F1 Asymmetrics improved the performance of the test Mercedes C350, Autocar stated, "With a set of Goodyears, it was like attaching a turbo to the Mercedes' engine."

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links