Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cloned Car?

Rory

I've just noticed that two ads on Auto Trader for Scarlatti Red IS200 SE's are for the same vehicle, one priced at £6895 and the other dealer asking for £7750....? seperate traders, a few miles apart....

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...mp;max_mileage=

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...mp;max_mileage=

More likely a dummy company...left hand not knowing what the right's doing, suffice to say but both traders on your 'don't touch with a barge pole' list as if they're pulling a tax dodge by trading on two different names you have to question what else they're doing....

It could all be perfectly fine....Motor Traders often "share" cars between each other......car could be "owned" by one but car located at another traders site and he has it "on loan" to try and sell.

Not neccessarily something dodgy.....

It could all be perfectly fine....Motor Traders often "share" cars between each other......car could be "owned" by one but car located at another traders site and he has it "on loan" to try and sell.

Not neccessarily something dodgy.....

but why 2 different prices?

to me it could also be possible photo theft aswell

allegedly thats correct, this guy rang me back today and told me that they often advertise a car from both outlets, grange is based at a home address and lonsdale is a more professional retailer hence their higher price, grange actually has the cars that pop up in duplicate adverts, but if they sell through lonsdale, he keeps a cut and grange gets the lower selling price

both email addresses start "lonsdalecars@"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links