Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hanley

WylieCoyote

Just thought I'd pop down a few thoughts about my experience with Lexus Hanley for my 30k service.

First of all, I hate all forms of route planning software and the one I printed off was totally wrong - don't argue, it was just wrong!

Of course that meant I got hopelessly lost round Stoke on Trent - eventually having to swallow my pride and ring the garage for them to guide me in. Somehow I wasn't even close. It's not only the route software, the signs round Stoke are all wrong.

At first I couldn't spot it - I was looking for a big plush dealership where I could help myself to a nice Columbian coffee whilst I waited for a clean, new courtesy vehicle to be pulled directly up to the door by Kiera Knightly so I could step out the showroom into a warm car - well, it was cold and I'm lazy.

To anyone who has been to Hanley will know it's neither big, a dealer, nor plush, just a small little office in the middle of a car lot. Nevertheless, I found it, pulled into the car park and found the service reception. Greeted by welcoming staff wearing pleasant smiles, I handed my keys over and was asked to wait for the keys to a courtesy vehicle. I'm not only lazy, I'm also very impatient! Still I amused myself by getting a coffee - I pressed coffee mocha but didn't get it - something else came out instead although g*d knows what it was. After 5 mins they showed me the car - a Mazda 6 which was freezing cold and filthy - that's always a big black mark in my book. Still, at least it had fuel in. I left them to it, drove back home and went back later to pick it up. On the way back I was thinking, when you buy a Lexus you expect a comfy professional dealership with clean courtesy cars. I figured I could have just taken any car rather than a Lexus which kinda defeats the object of owning it. I then thought that the service had cost me a shade under £120 whereas to have it serviced at my local dealership would have cost nearly £200 more (£307). Sure, I'd have had an IS courtesy car cleaned and brought to the door for me, served nice coffee by Kiera Knightly but I'd have paid for the privilege. Now the unassuming and understated look of Hanley just started to make sense. By me having to open my own car door, be cold for 30 seconds and have a cup of hot grit rather than fresh Italian roast, I was £200 better off. As far as I'm concerned, Hanley is a brilliant idea and I just wish all Lexus owners would have the sense to take their cars there. So now I couldn't give two hoots about having to drive a dirty Mazda all day, I'm now going to spend the £200 I saved by going to PC World. See ya!

PS - Hanley's phone number for bookings - 01782 269000

PPS - I'd love to know why I was charged for screen wash - I'd filled it up the night before. Hmm.........

cheeky,STOKE is great-dont let me have to start on Wolves!!!! lol

I agree the service at Lexus Hanley isnt all glam and show,its just a great service/parts centre that does the job extremely well and quickly.We have dropped RXs and ISs with them and our family has always been very impressed.Yes they were originally dissapointed that there wasnt any Lexus chocolates on the passenger seat when they go to collect the car,but my Dad is defo happier when he comes away,cos he never gets overcharged and is always treated very well,and also cos we know Chris Shipley,which makes a difference.Lexus Stoke is a fair rip off and recently we have had about 20 invitations for servicing of the Lexii within the family fleet-we now service all the lexii either at charlesworth or Lexus Hanley and i think Lexus stoke have recently realised that their prices arent competitive enough.

Had already booked mine in for service next Weds.....What more can you want......Friendly helpful service, decent prices and last time I went there for some repair work they dropped me off at work and collected me when done.

Compare that with my previous experience at another Lexus dealer not so far away in a town beginning with "W" and a football team thats quite gold and black....

I had RAC recover my car there, handed over my key - told we'll ring you when done - no hint of a car or lift anywhere - then a misdiagnosis of my car in a big way that could have ended up with me parting with 2 grand. On collecting my car I was asked "So what are you going to do - sell it?"

I'd go thirsty and drive a trabant as a courtesy car - as long as I get friendly honest service and a decent price. Then spend the money I'd saved on something a little better than a lexus logo'd chocolate and opportunity to drive a nearly new IS for the day.......I can do that anytime for nothing simply by walking into one of those dealers saying I'm interested in purchasing one ;)

Can i just remind everyone that Lexus Hanley isnt a full blown all dancing Lexus Centre, Lexus Hanley is an Authorised Lexus Repair Centre and the standards Lexus set are completly different to one another.

Secondly let me also remind those who have visited recently have come into the centre while there is a massive showroom refit and everything is upside down and we are trying to work around it.

Thirdly our overheads are a lot less than that of a full Lexus showroom so we dont have access to brand spanking new Lexus cars but we do supply new Mazda's, Yes they maybe be slightly dirty and cold but they've stood overnight and other customers use them and they are supplied free of charge. (to me if i was supplied a new car free of charge i wouldnt careless what it was or cleaniness or temperature, ITS FREE)

Lastly screenwash is part of the service procedure and every car has an additive put in regardless if you'd filled the resevoir up recently, its added to stop your water from freezing and cleaning your screen better and its only cost something like 70 pence.

PS the signage in Stoke is one of the easiest around,

Chris - You forgot to mention the bit about you lending out your IS ;)

Sure I'll lend my IS out but it will cost £12,000 per time plus fuel :whistling:

Ahh...come on - bit unreasonable charging for fuel ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links