Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Suspension Woes

swfcdan

Hi all, seem to be having some suspention problems (i think) at the moment.

I'm getting a horrid grinding noise when i turn full lock to the right. It only occurs when im doing very slown speeds and moving forward it pulling into a parking space. it only occurs on and nearing full lock to the right.

I had a similar noise about a year ago, but it didnt sound as bad as this. back then ihad the ball joints replaced and all was fine and dandy, so i dont think it can be that.

got the car booked in for a week tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone had and suggestions as to what i could be? could it be the suspension arms? the roads where i live are pretty shoddy and had to have new arms on my old car.

thanks

Dan

EDIT-sorry thought i had posted in suspension/brakes forum

Its not the back plates is it mate behind the brake discs as mine made a scraping noise so i bent them back a bit on each wheel and it seemed to stop it?

im not sure, ill check it out tomorrow, is that the plate that has a small lip on it which comes over the discs (sorry if that doesnt make sense, im working from memory from when i last had the wheels off)

im not sure, ill check it out tomorrow, is that the plate that has a small lip on it which comes over the discs (sorry if that doesnt make sense, im working from memory from when i last had the wheels off)

Yes matey thats them? Mine only did it at low speeds on lock so went round all 4 corners of the car one at a time and found it to be the rear passenger side i just pushed it back a bit through the wheel till it stopped it? worth a try matey?

Well ive just arrived in at work and the problem seems to have got worse :crybaby:

its still having all the symptoms as before, but you now no longer need to be on full lock. It also is happening regardless of weather you’re turning left, right, or just going straight forward.

It still only occurs when you’re moving at very low speeds, for example slowly moving forward in traffic. The noise seems to go once you hit the accelerator and start picking up speed.

Could it be callipers sticking or maybe even the steering rack? Although why, when I first heard the noise did it only occur when turning right.

I know you guys cant diagnose it whilst having not seen//heard the car, but your opinions would be appreciated as its got me worried, don’t want the wheels flying off whilst driving!!!! :unsure:

right, for anyone thats interested i think ive found the cause of the problem.

Got up early and took there wheels off this morning and it appears to be the passenger side brake disc. around the edge of the rim it has ground down, but im not sure how this has come about so quickly as i only started to hear the noise earlier on in the week.

So looks like its going to be new front pads and discs, does anyone know what would have caused such a sudden detrioration in the discs? and will i also need new callipers do you think?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links