Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Knocking - Again!

Hi guys, I had a knocking noise coming from the front wheels when braking to a stop and turning at the same time. Had the pads changed and it stopped for a while before coming back.

Just had to have ball joints replaced as failed MOT :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: and thought it would cure it but unfortunately it is still there!!!!

Any ideas??? Please help!!!!! :whistling:

Chris

Hi guys, I had a knocking noise coming from the front wheels when braking to a stop and turning at the same time. Had the pads changed and it stopped for a while before coming back.

Just had to have ball joints replaced as failed MOT :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: and thought it would cure it but unfortunately it is still there!!!!

Chris

My IS200 is '04, just purchased from Lexus Aberdeen, it has a weird knocking noise (sounds like brakes), sounds worst when in a shopping centre car park or small manouveres etc.

I have no idea what it is, either did lexus when i took it back.

Chris

Mine creaks, is there a difference between creaking and knocking? as mine too failed the MOT for the same reason as yours, and I had lower suspension arms replaced, the creaking stopped but only briefly, now its back, not quite as bad as before, but not far off...

If its the brakes, I was told to stick some Copper grease in to hold the brake pads? I haven't done it yet tho

Mine knocks as well specially when reversing and turning the steering wheel while parking. Just had an MOT last month and no report about any play with the suspension components.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah all sounds the same as my problem, does it more when doing manouvres and just before stopping. When pads replaced a few months ago seemed to stop completely but then came back!!! :tsktsk:

Copper grease time me thinks!!! :whistling:

Cheers

Yeah all sounds the same as my problem, does it more when doing manouvres and just before stopping. When pads replaced a few months ago seemed to stop completely but then came back!!! :tsktsk:

Copper grease time me thinks!!! :whistling:

Cheers

Yep there are plenty of posts on here about that problem..its coz the pads move in the calliper just as you come to a halt or a slight turn of the wheel ( you get a knock/clonk noise )..as you all say copper grease seems to be the answer to the noise..???

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links