Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Badly Need New Interior Carpet

My entire carpet is stained and discolored in my LS400. I want to remove the seats and replace the whole carpet and I have seen places that sell custom sized carpets but not for the 95 Lexus LS400. My seats are also shot and I would like to re-cover them while I have them out. Can anyone tell me where to get the carpet or the covers at a good deal? Also any tips on removing the seats? I hear that the keys cant be in the ignition or the air bag will deploy.

My entire carpet is stained and discolored in my LS400. I want to remove the seats and replace the whole carpet and I have seen places that sell custom sized carpets but not for the 95 Lexus LS400. My seats are also shot and I would like to re-cover them while I have them out. Can anyone tell me where to get the carpet or the covers at a good deal? Also any tips on removing the seats? I hear that the keys cant be in the ignition or the air bag will deploy.

Hi and welcome to LOC,

I think you would be better using the US forum ( www.lexusownersclub.com) as I have seen previous posts on there for the questions you are asking and everything is twice as expensive in the UK :whistling:

I don't know the correct proceedure for front seat removal but I would disconnect the Battery and wait at least half an hour to allow any airbags to become "safe".

Perhaps if you did remove the carpet it may be possible to have it commercially cleaned or hire a machine to do this ( in the UK we have Rug Doctor that does this).

Another possibility is to fit "overmats" to hide the problem.

Good Luck,

Steve

Hi and welcome to LOC,

I think you would be better using the US forum ( www.lexusownersclub.com) as I have seen previous posts on there for the questions you are asking and everything is twice as expensive in the UK :whistling:

I don't know the correct proceedure for front seat removal but I would disconnect the Battery and wait at least half an hour to allow any airbags to become "safe".

Perhaps if you did remove the carpet it may be possible to have it commercially cleaned or hire a machine to do this ( in the UK we have Rug Doctor that does this).

Another possibility is to fit "overmats" to hide the problem.

Good Luck,

Steve

I Get great results using 1001 carpet shampoo.No need to remove the seats. I have used it for years. Mix a capful in a lttle warm water then use the foam suds on a small scrubbing brush & scrub. You will be amazed how well they will come up.keep changing the water keeping it clean. Vacum when dry, Your car will smell better too............DjDon

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links