Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Any Snowboarders Here?

Hey there everyone,

The launch of Chill Factor E in Manchester is soon to be here and I will be starting my snowboarding again, which I haven't done for a while, as I used to board down at the Tamworth Snowdome.

Once I've sharpened up again, I'm going to treat myself to a new snowboard from the Burton range. Can anyone give any recommendations? I would like it to be pretty universal, for use down the slopes and in the pipes and stuff, however, it won't be used in the parks etc that have rails.

I have also seen the Vapor model from the 2007 range and wondered if anyone had experience of reviews on this?

http://www.snowboard-asylum.com/cgi-bin/ps...1,0,0,1%7C18%7C

Many thanks,

Jamie

Ive been boarding for quite a few years now J.

Last year i treated myself to the burton baron ES last year which i must say was lovely when i used it. Dug in to everything even the ice which was everywhere i went lol. That was the last year they did the Baron though.

What size boot are you fella, im a size 12 so had to get a wide board to minimize overhang.

Last year i luckly had a burton pro form which got us trade prices if i get it again i'll let you know ;)

Ive got some burton mission bindings around somewhere if you need some. I upgraded to cartels last year as well :D sexy **** lol

Just looking through some catalogs found this years burton vapor which is very nice but £690 in snow and rock so pricey. A big seller is the custom X which i nearly got this years has got lovely graphics as has the custom. Are you deffo after a burton cos theres some nice Rides and Salamon, forums etc.

Let me know what size you need and if you need a wide and i'll have a browse

Must admit I'm a Burton fan :)

I quite like the CO2 binding model they do and also the carbon P1 - oh yeah baby :D

I like the Custom and Custom X board models as well mate, I must admit.

I'm a size 10-11 foot and roughly 6ft3". Any ideas on board length? Would I be around a 160 do you think?

My 2007 Burton catalogue came through the post yesterday as well :D

Jamie

That directed at me Rob?

If so, I have been hoping to go to Zell Am See for many years. Once again, recommendations would come in handy.

Many thanks,

Jamie

yes mate it was,

although to be honest I norm stay around the swiss resorts, laax, zermatt, davos etc didnt bother with austia last year as the snow was crap... but i think we are in for a hard winter so hopefully.............

Must admit I'm a Burton fan :)

I quite like the CO2 binding model they do and also the carbon P1 - oh yeah baby :D

I like the Custom and Custom X board models as well mate, I must admit.

I'm a size 10-11 foot and roughly 6ft3". Any ideas on board length? Would I be around a 160 do you think?

My 2007 Burton catalogue came through the post yesterday as well :D

Jamie

The vapor is very nice but i dont really see spending the extra on such a board unless you'll be properly giving it some abuse and using it most weekends. Im 6ft 6 and riding a 164. Its mainly done of weight as well so if you dont mind posting here give me a pm with your weight. You might be able to get away with a 159, if not a 164 will do you fine. if your size 10-11 means your boots will be 11-12 which i would say go for a wide board i still get a fair amount of overhang which has caught me out a few times doing some serious carving and it hurt lol.

Again on bindings ands boots it really depends on what your using it for, if your wanting response for fast riding then go as ridged as you can but then if you want some fun in the park/pipe you want some flexiblitly or your just snap yourself. My setups really for on piste riding i can just get enough pop to pull some flat 180's but any more and i feel like something will break.

The ideal situation is having a set up for both sides of riding, but thats only if your mega keen.

I think a good set up with this years burton stuff would be something like a custom X, with some Triad bindings maybe some P1's and then whatever boots i like the burton hails, but preferably would go for the make thirty two as i kinda swear by them now. But completely down to you at the end of the day. I know i spent ages over making my mind up as theres so many different styles out there.

This is my baby been waiting all summer to be used cant wait for this winter :D

25092007352.jpg

25092007353.jpg

:offtopic: But....just to show us older geezers can do stuff. Here's me Dune surfing in New Zealand! (You zoom down huge sand dunes!)

You sure your not Billy Connolly??? :lol::lol:

Funny....a few people have thought that! (Just a slight difference in income!).

I met him when he was in the Humblebums, in Glasgow in circa 1967, when I looked more like him than he does now (???!!) Well, I had long hair and Zapata moustache and sideburns!

Perhaps he liked my look! And my f***k them all philosophy? (I've mellowed now? So it's not ALL, but most?)

Sorry! We're highjacking someones query here!

i am after a new jacket for this year - i did have a mammut jacket but it is crap, hood doesnt fit a helmet - no snow skirt, and its cold etc etc

so recomendations???

Ive always had bonfire jackets seem to done me well, they come in bronze silver or gold levels which is pretty easy to understand lol. The only thing is your helmet looks like you might have to go instoor and give em a try. :)

Cheers for the response Elliot. I'm definately going to have to do some testing. I must admit I'm quite liking the Custom / X and it seems pretty versatile with a decent Feel Factor as well.

After reading some reviews that the Vapor is rather unforgiving, I'm thining possibly the

Burton Custom X:

b_customxwide_164w_07.jpg

or the Burton Twin:

twin_154.jpg

Along with a set of P1 bindings - depending upon what additional reviews I read on them:

n166sgMKUJaQEBWgen8Aie-30.image.jpg

Not set on boots and clothing yet, but I fancy something a little lairy, yet not fairy lol :lol:

Jamie

Can you not rent a board before buying one? When I go skiing most of the rental places seem to offer a selection of packages, including one where you can switch skis/boards partway through the week so you can try different ones out. When you find one you like, you can buy the same model either there and then, or when you come back.

Could be the answer?

Something that drives me mental is the limitation of the colours and designs, relating to sizes.

Regarding my weight, I'm roughly 12 stone. What board length would you recommend?

Cheers,

Jamie

I know it ****** me off as well when looking for boards i dont know why they do it the buggars. A local shop sometimes have some of the burton defected boards in and there alot cheaper. When i mean defected i mean a sticker isnt 90 degrees to the edge of the board its 91 degrees its flipping stupid they have a little stamp on the under side and thats it sometimes £100-200 cheaper for something that you'll never notice, something to look out for if you've got any shops near you.

12 stone i cant remember but if your getting a wide board i think you could get away with 159 but a 164 would be fine that goes up to 16-17 stone if i remember correctly.

The little graph ive got is saying park board 157 - 161 then mountain 161 - 166 then freeride 166 - 168. So maybe a 159 is a little small you might be alright as its a wide board.

My sister got the mens T6 last year in 157 i put my bindings on that and had a go it was crazy like a little go kart cut in so quick but very unforgiving, if you've got the chance to test both the 159 and 164 in the custom x and see which you like.

Can you not rent a board before buying one? When I go skiing most of the rental places seem to offer a selection of packages, including one where you can switch skis/boards partway through the week so you can try different ones out. When you find one you like, you can buy the same model either there and then, or when you come back.

Could be the answer?

Yes mate, I will be using rented boards at the snow centre until next year, when I will be treating myself to a new board. Sometimes these places have demo-days, in which you can test out various boards so will have to see what is planned at Chill Factor E.

Something that drives me mental is the limitation of the colours and designs, relating to sizes.

Regarding my weight, I'm roughly 12 stone. What board length would you recommend?

Cheers,

Jamie

I know it ****** me off as well when looking for boards i dont know why they do it the buggars. A local shop sometimes have some of the burton defected boards in and there alot cheaper. When i mean defected i mean a sticker isnt 90 degrees to the edge of the board its 91 degrees its flipping stupid they have a little stamp on the under side and thats it sometimes £100-200 cheaper for something that you'll never notice, something to look out for if you've got any shops near you.

12 stone i cant remember but if your getting a wide board i think you could get away with 159 but a 164 would be fine that goes up to 16-17 stone if i remember correctly.

The little graph ive got is saying park board 157 - 161 then mountain 161 - 166 then freeride 166 - 168. So maybe a 159 is a little small you might be alright as its a wide board.

My sister got the mens T6 last year in 157 i put my bindings on that and had a go it was crazy like a little go kart cut in so quick but very unforgiving, if you've got the chance to test both the 159 and 164 in the custom x and see which you like.

I like the sound of a "defected" board :) I had plans that in many moons to come, when the board begins to look like it's been used, I have a local artist who is exceptional in his work and I would get some custom artwork on there anyway.

Judging from your figures, I think I should be aiming for a board that is in the early 160's. Like you say, maybe a 164...

Could be the answer?

Yes mate, I will be using rented boards at the snow centre until next year, when I will be treating myself to a new board. Sometimes these places have demo-days, in which you can test out various boards so will have to see what is planned at Chill Factor E.

Cheers,

Jamie

I like the sound of a "defected" board :) I had plans that in many moons to come, when the board begins to look like it's been used, I have a local artist who is exceptional in his work and I would get some custom artwork on there anyway.

Judging from your figures, I think I should be aiming for a board that is in the early 160's. Like you say, maybe a 164...

Yup completely right around the 160 upwards mark. Just been on the burton website and the custom x (non wide) has got a nice white top side and a nice green underside but its not the wide version which is a pain in the arse LoL I'll pop down to my local place this weekend and see if they have any defects in for you.

i am after a new jacket for this year - i did have a mammut jacket but it is crap, hood doesnt fit a helmet - no snow skirt, and its cold etc etc

so recomendations???

Ive always had bonfire jackets seem to done me well, they come in bronze silver or gold levels which is pretty easy to understand lol. The only thing is your helmet looks like you might have to go instoor and give em a try. :)

ta - i also had a look at bonfire jackets, as u say will have to take the helmet with me.....

i snowboard mate, not very well, i would class myself as below average but im getting there, my main prob is that i am too stiff and need to bend my knees more....

think there are a few vids of us on youtube somehwere - ill dig it out then u will see what i mean..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links