Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Anti Theft Number Plates

Tom B

After coming home from work today ive found that someone has decided to rip off my numberplates, while my car been parked up behind my house!!!! :tsktsk: Ive contacted the police who have reported the plates as stolen and updated the PNC - but have informed me that I will probably get stopped over the next couple of months as the car will come up on the police computer and might get the odd speeding ticket etc through the post Yeppe!!!!

Has anyone tried the anti theft plates? Are they worth the money?

Sounds a little like horse, stable, bolted !!!!!!

I would be shocked and horified if lightning struck twice on this one ..... I'm guessing someone has had them away for a specific reason as it's not the sort of thing some little scrote would want on his bedroom wall.

I stand to be corrected but might be worth not throwing good money after bad !!!!!

I had them on my 325 Coupe, no idea how good they are to be honest as I wasn't going to try and pull them off to try them! I would certainly put them on, just 'cos one scrote has took them this week, doesn't mean a different one won't try taking them at a later date.

After coming home from work today ive found that someone has decided to rip off my numberplates, while my car been parked up behind my house!!!! :tsktsk: Ive contacted the police who have reported the plates as stolen and updated the PNC - but have informed me that I will probably get stopped over the next couple of months as the car will come up on the police computer and might get the odd speeding ticket etc through the post Yeppe!!!!

Has anyone tried the anti theft plates? Are they worth the money?

you'll most likely find out that someone's filled up at a petrol station and drove off without paying, thats the most popular reason for someone stealing just the plates

so for anyone else reading if their plates go missing, first port of call is to report it to the police, cos strangely enough some people dont

For those interested, here's a DVLA approved anti theft plate manufacturer, the only problem is with trying to mount it on little plate holders that the IS200 have at the front, as it requires a license plate frame.

http://www.secureplate.co.uk/

the plate holder on the front bumper just clips off anyway, would be better to just remove it to put the new plates on

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links