Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

For All Your Spark Plug Needs

Rory

Jamie, have a butchers mate:

From PayPal: PayPal on 02/09/2007 19:08 BST

290142233040 - 6 DENSO iridium POWER SPARK PLUGS IK22 Honda Acura

the set is for 6 plugs, I have only received 5

____

290111836279 - 6 DENSO iridium POWER SPARK PLUGS IK20 Honda Acura

the set is for 6 plugs, I have only received 5

____

From Buyer: RORY ROBERTS on 02/09/2007 19:08 BST

I have requested the missing items to be sent out, and had a response saying that the stock and postage weight will be checked, and haven't had any update since, despite further requests from myself to check your stock, I still have the packaging that the stock arrived in, with postage labels on, so any further info you require is available

From Seller: Summerland, Inc. on 02/09/2007 19:23 BST

the customer has received the spark plugs,he has told us that he has received them, he is saying here that he has received them as well, we beleive the customer has tried to gap the plugs and he broke one of each and he is trying to make us responsibles for that, the weihgt on the shipping label proves that we had shipped 12 spark plugs and not 10, since he claims that he received the 10 plugs, to charge the money back is stealing, we ask pay pal to pretect us as a seller and recover our money.

From Buyer: RORY ROBERTS on 02/09/2007 19:45 BST

I have only told the seller that I have received 5 of each, not 6 of each set, I haven't tried to fit any of them since they are not all for my vehicle, and I certainly haven't broken any.

Of the 10 plugs that I did actually receive, none of them have been opened, the postage label on the package states spark plugs, but doesn't state a quantity, the invoice states 12, but of course it would, because that's how many I paid for, despite only receiving 10.

I am not asking for my money back, i'm simply asking for the 2 missing plugs, one IK20 and one IK22, that I believe were accidentally never put in the pack by the dispatcher (whether or not this was the seller or one of his/her staff, is irrelevent) to be sent out

The plugs come in packs of 4 and the seller normally would include 2 extra individual plugs to make a set of 6, but, in this case, has only included 1 extra plug per set instead of 2

I still have the package here containing the 10 plugs in, it is in the exact same state as it was the day I opened it to check the contents, and is available for inspection by paypal, should the need arise

this seller from fleabay creativeperformance2004 has been recommended by LOC members, he has made a simple mistake of sticking one of each plug with each 4 pack, instead of 2, and he's stubborn, all I want is my 6th plug, I don't doubt for one second that this simple mistake was an accident, the only thing that makes this so much hard work is that me and the seller are a few thousand miles apart, and it takes a couple of weeks for them to arrive, so it'll take weeks to resolve too

I have bought 3 sets of plugs from them and had no problems at all, hope you get sorted out mate.

Incidently slightly off topic what gap do the plugs need to be?

They are already set to the correct gap, IIRC 0.4 mm, it's on the box anyway.

It's a shame when buyers seem to sell a good product but let themselves down with bad customer service.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Stav

I'm not sure what gap they need to be, I was gonna ask for some help fitting them at the Japan North meet as they arrived the day before, can't believe the seller accused me of breaking them, I never even took them out of the box

Just dispute through paypal, they always back the seller and you will get your money back. May take 2 - 3 weeks though.

I'm not the seller, i'm the buyer, who is now out of pocket, and not for the first time from eBay too, truth is, neither me or the seller can prove who has messed up, so i'm not sure who gets credited after the period paypal give for us to sort it

It's a shame when buyers seem to sell a good product but let themselves down with bad customer service.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Stav

I'm not sure what gap they need to be, I was gonna ask for some help fitting them at the Japan North meet as they arrived the day before, can't believe the seller accused me of breaking them, I never even took them out of the box

Just dispute through paypal, they always back the seller and you will get your money back. May take 2 - 3 weeks though.

I'm not the seller, i'm the buyer, who is now out of pocket, and not for the first time from eBay too, truth is, neither me or the seller can prove who has messed up, so i'm not sure who gets credited after the period paypal give for us to sort it

Sorry my bad, I mean the buyer! been a long day. I have had troubles before, aslong as you have a good profile on eBay from past transactions your be ok. Just state through paypal the problem, you have nothing to lose.

when I first initiated the claim, the seller was very quick to say i'd confirmed delivery of the complete delivery, which I had only confirmed received an incomplete order, accuse me of stealing, and/or breaking plugs, within minutes in fact, but since my last reply, he has yet to come back with a response,

I can fully accept that this is a reputable seller, going off his feedback (I also appreciate that feedback can be falsified, but I'm no idiot either) I'm fully satisfied that this is a simple packing error which is more than likely a rare occurrance, and its just unfortunate that its me who has been left out of pocket, double frustrating as I wasn't only buying plugs for myself,

i'm not even accusing the seller of any intentional wrong doing, I didn't even want to claim thru paypal, cos it creates bad feelings between buyer and seller, but he stopped replying after i'd asked for the missing items

I think I might copy and paste that last bit into a message to him, see if that helps

Sorry to hear this mate. I got a set from this guy with no problems too. I guess it's when problems happen that you find out who the good sellers are!

Don't wait too long before filing a Paypal claim - I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt with some shipping from Taiwan and them not responding to emails, and ended up being too late to file a Paypal claim. I was £50 out of pocket, got no item, and then got negative feedback from the seller to boot!

i sell lots on eBay.........

being taken to task for a TRD thermostat not arriving..........I have proof of posting (customer didnt elect to have recorded)

I offered to send another for 1/2 price and pay for recorded delivery and tackle POFF for compensation (takes ages)

customer now reported me.............. :crybaby:

not going to back down tho..............

in a case like this i'd back down tho as the weight of one plug is negligable IMHO

Hope it turns out OK for you

According to the service manual, spark gap is 1.1mm (0.043") for the Denso or NGK plugs!

:offtopic: but less for the IK because the ground electrode has a groove in it that you can't measure.

Sorry to hear this mate. I got a set from this guy with no problems too. I guess it's when problems happen that you find out who the good sellers are!

Don't wait too long before filing a Paypal claim - I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt with some shipping from Taiwan and them not responding to emails, and ended up being too late to file a Paypal claim. I was £50 out of pocket, got no item, and then got negative feedback from the seller to boot!

as far as I can tell this guy is a good seller tho, i've just been unlucky

in a case like this i'd back down tho as the weight of one plug is negligable IMHO

you'd back down as a seller? or I should back down?

Judging from your other message though Rory, things seem to be progressing?

I appreciate you obtaining these on behalf of us both though ;)

Rory is such a good person :lol: *wipes tear from eye*

Jamie

Don't be gettin all emotional, you know how this affects me :crybaby: lol, well after saying he'd check his stock and the postage weight the following day, he never updated me, so I asked for an update, and still no reply, so I took it to paypal, so now he's pieved cos the cash been suspended, hence his sudden urge to accuse me of breaking them, and then I decided to message him directly again thru eBay nicely and politely, saying how I appreciate on rare occasions mistakes can be made, and that all I want is the 2 missing plugs, and then I can resolve it with paypal and he can have his cash, but i'm still waiting a reply at the moment, how he was going to check with the post office I don't know, cos he'd valued the package at $9 and not even stated a quantity on the label, I can't see any weight measurement

Sorry you had problems Rory but it seems a lot of fuss for £8.53 (at current sale prices) worth of spark plugs. I do appreciate that it is a pisser, but is it really worth getting the blood pressure up over?

I am sure if you check your back pockets you will find a tenner left over from he last time you went on the lash :lol:

Update, the seller still refuses to accept that the order was incomplete, however, has refunded the 2 missing plugs, and so far I am yet to find an eBay seller who sells the plugs individually, including the seller I bought mine off, and out of pride I don't want to use them again and have to pay postage again

case closed

the 2 missing plugs are different, one ik20 from one set and one ik22 from another, so I only need one of each, so if I buy full sets i'm still gonna have odd numbers left over, i'll figure somethin out

yeh i've come across that before, i've mailed another US seller and asked for 2 of each ik20 and ik22, that way their stocks aren't affected cos they split 4packs for people who order 6, won't be too much out of pocket then, i'll just have an extra plug

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links