Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lsd Or Traction Control

Kavey

Hi chaps

Having some extra power being put through my Altezza soon, I've been thinking of looking at addressing the issue with the delivery of said power, particularly with the lighter flywheel I'll be getting sending more power to the wheels in lower gears.

The standard traction control on the IS/Altezza, as we all know, whilst decent is not exactly reliable all the time. I've found myself getting some scary slides on slippery roads on occasion when the trac control hasn't kicked in as the sideways movement is minimal, thus cause a brief moment of panic as when it does finally kick in, and I'm already adjusting for it, sending me off-line. :ohmy:

Anyway, on the TDI site there is an uprated LSD near the bottom of http://www.tdi-plc.com/altezza.html

If I'm thinking correct this won't really help too much in the above situation as it won't change the way the Trac Control turns on by using the rear brakes, where the Racelogic system fundamentally adjusts the fuel to the injectors to give a more precise and fluid and replaces the existing system. Is this right? I'm guessing the LSD will just help with delivery when the wheels are spinning at different speeds, rather than actually help prevent overall wheelspin as much?

How does it work, and does anyone have any associated costs/suggestions? :unsure:

Any guru's out there? Mark?

Having said that, I do like the odd slide and run with TRC off in the dry most of the time, party to help reduce wear on the brakes :lol:

Having adjustable 4WD would of course be the desirable... :yahoo:

Asam

asam as far as i'm aware the lighter flywheel will make no power gains to the car however your throttle response will be better, as for the TRC vs LSD go for the Racelogic every time, there are many dealers in the UK and our very own TDI happen to be one of them - Mark should be able to price them up for you depending on which for the systems you fancy

Cheers

Si

asam as far as i'm aware the lighter flywheel will make no power gains to the car however your throttle response will be better, as for the TRC vs LSD go for the Racelogic every time, there are many dealers in the UK and our very own TDI happen to be one of them - Mark should be able to price them up for you depending on which for the systems you fancy

Cheers

Si

Heya

Yeah I know the flywheel doesn't increase power, but it does help with power delivery to the wheels, as opposed to much of it being 'absorbed' by heavier rotational components in the clutch - I know that it'll work better for low gears too, but that's what I want - better acceleration and throttle response... but that can mean more wheelspin! :D

I was assuming the Racelogic would be the way forward for power delivery, just that the listing on TDi's page talks about improved traction issues with the TRD LSD, hence my curiousity. :unsure:

Anyone know rough costs with the Racelogic system? Doesn't look like too difficult an install looking at their website... :whistling:

Asam

Hi Asam

The lightened flywheels significantly reduce the rotational mass which does help engine acceleration.

The limited slip diff maintains power transfer to one wheel if the other spins (normally if one wheel slips, the other will recieve no drive).

For safety you are better off with th RLTC system. Everyone that have had them fitted are very pleased with it.

Hope this helps

Mark :)

Hi Asam

The lightened flywheels significantly reduce the rotational mass which does help engine acceleration.

The limited slip diff maintains power transfer to one wheel if the other spins (normally if one wheel slips, the other will recieve no drive).

For safety you are better off with th RLTC system. Everyone that have had them fitted are very pleased with it.

Hope this helps

Mark :)

Yeah just what I thought, the LSD isn't going to prevent wheelspin, but just help round bends etc.

What kind of costs and install time would a Racelogic system involve for an Altezza? :unsure:

Maybe PM me if you can do me a deal with all the other stuff I'm getting done?

Could be a worthy investment to keep me planted to the ground...... :lol:

Cheers!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links