Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Toyota Avensis

PQuist

The centre console is reminiscent of the IS, but it's rather 'angular' for my liking, and it tapers from top to bottom a bit too much... and I'm not sure about that silver finish - looks a bit out of place seeing as the rest of the interior is dark grey (plastic?).

Having said that, I actually prefer the dash of the current GS300 to the IS... has a much more luxurious look & feel ;)

What I want to know is why practically every other car on the market can have volume/channel controls on the steering wheel, and yet the IS doesn't! An important passive safety feature I'd have thought... :angry:

We are into dangerous territory here.

I put a post up a couple of weeks ago saying how tasty the new Avensis looks from the pics. Got nothing but abuse and sniping about my lack of asthetic appreciation.

In the interests of equality I expect Mr PQuist to get the same treatment.

Anyway, yesterday I had a look at the real thing and a sit in it. In my view this is a very tasty motor inside and out. It knocks the spots off all the competition including the Passat and the new Accord. It's bigger than an IS but smaller than a GS - about new Vectra size but with a Merc-like presence.

You can even get one with sat-nav (albeit a bit sawn-off), ABS, CD, alloys, fog lamps and remote alarm for £15,500. And yes, it has got audio controls on the steering wheel. Sequential shift auto adds another £1,000.

It's even got those hook thingeys for hanging your coat up.

Got to hand it to Toyota. This car is going to do ever so well.

The aesthetics of a car are so much a matter of taste... case in point - the IS rear lights, some love 'em, some hate 'em. (interestingly they've been copied by a number of other manufacturers now - including BMW!)

As to the IS interior, I've heard it described as both fussy/confusing and adventurous (but then as said, I prefer the GS interior). Maybe the new Avensis interior looks a lot better in the flesh - I've only seen it in pics. :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links