Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Steering Wheel A Bit Stiff On My Rs 200!

Hey guy,

I was wondering if anyone can assist me with some info.

Issue:

I Just got a RS200 and the steering wheel is stiff. However the car does have 17 inch rims, and I know for a fact sport cars usually have stiff steering wheels because of the high power.

Do you guys think there is a problem with my steering wheel or I’m just over reacting?

What car did you drive?

the one time my g/f drove my car she said the steering was stiff, she is used to a polo.

All cars are different, if you are comparing it to other RS200's you have driven then it could be a loose power steering belt, Fluid need changing or power steering motor.

Winter just past my steering was very heavy on cold mornings, due to belt slipping slightly, wasnt slipping enough to squeal.

Or you could always go to the gym and work on your arm muscles lol! Apparently it's possible to alter the hydraulics and make power steering lighter/heavier if you want. I wouldn't do it but can anyone confirm whether this is possible just for curiosities sake?

Keith

Or you could always go to the gym and work on your arm muscles lol! Apparently it's possible to alter the hydraulics and make power steering lighter/heavier if you want. I wouldn't do it but can anyone confirm whether this is possible just for curiosities sake?

Keith

lol.. I must admit.. some of my friendz keep telling me I need to get more muscles to drive my car.

Anywayz guys thanks much for the info.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links