Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Monster......

bloofire

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sure they do a good job...if it takes a month or two years...but i think people including mat just wanna know facts concerning the car...staff problems may be the cause but they really shouldn't...

so will we get a video?

wow...this corolla rocks...but i bet the monster will leave it behind...when it's ready... ;)

i'm not so sure, the first incarnation of the monster will have less power, more weight and only 2wd. (could be wrong with these details). if this is the case its got no chance against that corolla

Thanks for all your concern, i just hope to get the car back soon, as mark has said, and hopefully confirmation will come this week, as mark has saiid.

as for the comments, im sure everyone is getting a little vexed, or annoyed, i to feel somewhat miffed, but alas the time is near, and i hope the wait has been worth it all.

sometimes things just dont go the way there intended, im sure there were aspects of thsi project that on reflection now, could have been done better, done different or evben done quicker, im also sure there are other factors in the delay or slow down in productiveness, which we know nothging about, there are many reasons which im sure when i get the car back i will know fully and be able to let everyone know.

as for Mark, im sure he will come along and defend himself.

i just hope i get the car soon...as in before JAE(SOME TIME SOON) SO I CAN GET THE CAR LOOKING ITS BEST FOR ME, THE CLUB, AND OF COURSE TDI.

Thanks for all your concern, i just hope to get the car back soon, as mark has said, and hopefully confirmation will come this week, as mark has saiid.

as for the comments, im sure everyone is getting a little vexed, or annoyed, i to feel somewhat miffed, but alas the time is near, and i hope the wait has been worth it all.

sometimes things just dont go the way there intended, im sure there were aspects of thsi project that on reflection now, could have been done better, done different or evben done quicker, im also sure there are other factors in the delay or slow down in productiveness, which we know nothging about, there are many reasons which im sure when i get the car back i will know fully and be able to let everyone know.

as for Mark, im sure he will come along and defend himself.

i just hope i get the car soon...as in before JAE(SOME TIME SOON) SO I CAN GET THE CAR LOOKING ITS BEST FOR ME, THE CLUB, AND OF COURSE TDI.

Well addressed Mat.

I'd be also interested in such a monster vid. :D

It depends on when TDI has already finished their work on this "Power-Project". :whistling:

Must be awsome to see this da*n hot ride in action. :blush:

Sorry I haven't been around Guys - been kinda busy.

I don't know what happened about the vid. I reluctantly allowed it to be done against my better judgement because in my view it was pointless as the car was not in a presentable condition. However, the video was done but I understand that was a problem with it.

To those that are concerned about how we treat our customers, let me assure you that if this job was being done as a paying job it would have been finished a long time ago.

Mat is only making a contribution to the overall cost of this project which was conceived as a vehicle to promote the Lexus brand into the performance car market, and our own expertise. The cost to TDi of this project is going to be massive compared to what most of you are used to.

With the benfit of hindsight it would have been better (and cheaper) for us to have bought our own car, but I am very grateful to Mat for his support, faith and patience!

To give you an idea of what is involved, The Monster has had around £5k in labour spent on it just in the last 2 weeks, trying to sort out the ecu and wiring issues! We think we have cracked most of the ecu problems and are now down to the last three (unless anything else comes to light).

The price to pay when you are a Pioneer in any field is that you are paving the way into new territory. Being the 1st do this kind of undertaking to this level is not an easy task. If anyone thinks they can even do it, let alone faster or cheaper, there is a job waiting for you here.

We have been working on it non stop for quite a while now, and it is my intention to remain working on it until it is finished. I don't know when that will be because there are issues that are as yet unresolved, and my chrystal ball is worn out.

I realise that there are few people that for some reason feel the need to have a dig at TDi whenever possible, and I am prepared to live with that but would prefer if they told me what their problem is face to face. For everyone else I hope this explains the commercial reality of the current situation.

Mark :)

well i am very impressed at your response. you could easly have attacked a few people but i feel that was a dignified response. :winky:

How do ya feel about dropping a carbed V8 into my engine bay, with only a couple of wires i would hope there wouldnt be too many problems???? have you considered this, maybe that new ford cammer engine. brand new out of the box for less than £5k.

Me thinks my car might be the next project car?

Hi Mark, i've noticed you say in the last 2 week's that over £5000's worth of labour as gone into the monster and i was just wondering since you have started this project do you have a rough idea on the £££'s of labour that have gone into her?

I know it must be a lot but was just curious to the rough ballpark figure? :)

Ken

well i am very impressed at your response. you could easly have attacked a few people but i feel that was a dignified response. :winky:

How do ya feel about dropping a carbed V8 into my engine bay, with only a couple of wires i would hope there wouldnt be too many problems???? have you considered this, maybe that new ford cammer engine. brand new out of the box for less than £5k.

Chris i hope your not under the impression that you just drop a V8 in fiddle with a couple of wires turn the key and away you go!!!!.....now that would be silly :winky: if your talking about the Lexus V8 then your going to need the front part of the loom for starters,then theres the fabricating on the mounts and sump.......blah,blah blah blah,the list of things to do is endless.

Mark, my major and very real concerns at the moment are its current registration period.

if this lapses while the car is with you, and i am no longer stationed in germnany, the car can not be registered in the UK.......this is fact.

the car has to be in Current registratiin and with a valid "MOT" over here to be de-registered to be re-regiistered in the UK, this needs to be done so the car can have a UK logbook.

if its not current........the car cannot be issued with a UK logbook....

and i will be defo up the creek without a paddel or even a boat, plus i am closing my workshops over here.very soon, yet i have lots of parts that require fitting to the car.

the car needs to be here, by mid July......to have its "MOT",

AND BE FITTED OUT BEFORE COMING TO THE UK TO BE UK REGISTERED.

this may not seem important to you, but its extreamly important its done.

other than that........

any recent pictures :)

Hi Mark, i've noticed you say in the last 2 week's that over £5000's worth of labour as gone into the monster and i was just wondering since you have started this project do you have a rough idea on the £££'s of labour that have gone into her?

I know it must be a lot but was just curious to the rough ballpark figure? :)

Ken

Hi Ken, I will let you know what our r&d costs on this project when it's finished. All I'll say at the mo is that for the same money I could buy an acceptable residence in Spain or Cyprus ;). Scary stuff for uninitiated :o

We will consider anything if it's a paying job and puts food on our tables ;)

Not having done this before we wouldn't be able to give you a price unless Mat can shed some light on how long it took to fit his Rover V8

All I'll say at the mo is that for the same money I could buy an acceptable residence in Spain or Cyprus ;). Scary stuff for uninitiated :o

is that with or without private pool :unsure:

suppose it depends on a single or twin turbo :lol:

scary stuff indeed :o

Just a quick update as I have taken on board that some of you think nothing is happening if I don't say anything for a while.

The latest issue we have been battling with is getting the correct reading for the standard rev counter. You may think that this is a trivial matter and easy to sort out, but so far it has cost around £2k and is still not finished.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links