Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sat Nav Woes

Morning all,

Well over the weekend my sat nav has eventually died. After many months of the screen flickering and turning purple it has now gone off all together, although it does occasionally switch on again, but the screen is a deep red colour and you can barely make out the roads etc.

I’ve taken the unit out before and gave it a blow and a dust which seemed to work for a little while although I cant see that working again, and even if it does its only a short term fix.

I’m not sure what to do as my next step to get this resolved. After looking at some older threads it appears going to Lexus is a no no.

I remember seeing a thread a while back where someone was trying to track down a ribbon cable in order to fix. Does anybody know where I could get this part? I’m not good with things like that so is it easy to do to start taking the actual screen apart.

Is it possible to buy a new screen (non Lexus) and run the existing sat nav unit through it?

Or…and probs the easiest way, does anybody have a Lexus sat nav screen for sale? My system is the older version with the smaller screen

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

yeh im thinking of taking the cable out and sending it somewhere to see if i can get a replacemement. im really not at all confident though in taking the actual screen apart.

is it easy? have any current members done it before?

I think there has been a thread giving a step by step guide.

Not down it myself but watched a bloke instal a phone in my car and he did it. From memory theres a long blanking panel just in front of screen, remove that then thee are a couple of bolts. I think??

yeh ive removed the unit as a whole piece before thats pretty straight forward, ones the unit is out and you have unplugged a couple of connectors you can see the ribbon cable, its the removal of the whole cable that worries me, i dont want to hack at it and break the whole cable! lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links