Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys

I just bought a Parrot 3200 colour and was wondering where to put it. ( No suggestions regarding vaseline please!!! :shifty:

Anyone got one fitted in an LS and do you have any pics?

Regards

Ken

Hi Ken....I did have a Parrot 3200 in my LS400....although no longer with me after I wrote it off last year so I cant provide pics.

I stuggled to find somewhere to place as well......in the end placed by the gearshift using a "sticky tab" rather than drilling any holes for screws. Not ideal as you had to twist to see it....but looked a little silly stuck to the dash. also didnt want it on full view as would look tempting to thiefs (may think its a sat nav)

One thing I did struggle with with was the wiring loom to connect it - have you successfully connected yet? The official loom had a wire missing that was required in order to function (wiring in car didnt quite match the loom available from autoleads).

This wasnt a faulty loom - just that an extra connection (believe it was the +ive line). Autoleads were great though and sent me an extra cable which I just clipped into the appropriate ends of the loom to resolve. Free of charge and turned up first class post the next day. Then worked fine.

Wiring connection can be found somewhere on this forum as thats where I found out which wire was missing.

My LS was a MkII though - not sure if the MkIII has different connections.

Took me hours to fix in - space is very limited behind the radio - finding space to fit the "blue" parrot box behind there was interesting...plus due to the short cable lengths, awkward to position everything then get the radio back in without messing it all up.....

Now driving a GS430 - and in same predicament in terms of where to put the Parrot....may not bother with it and revert to a StarTrek earpice instead....Parrot currently installed in my Mondeo (gap car whilst I looked for a Lexus to replace my LS) and its a cool piece of kit......but theres just no-where to put it in a lexus without looking a tad silly or awkward to use. Not sure how much space will be available behind the unit in my GS either...as its a navigator (sat nav) so space may be even more tight.

But if you find somewhere (or anyone else has one in a GS) let me know.....I miss it at the mo and would like to install.

Mark

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links