Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wheels In Motion

P38Aaron

Big thanks to Tony 'the doc' from wheels in motion.

I have never had an issue with the way my car handles but i have with the vibration i get through the steering wheel when i brake.

After having the geo corrected on my '99 IS200 i have found the car feels alot more solid when accelerating and cornering...cornering is alot better in both wet and dry conditions.

Vibration when braking I still have, although i am sure it is reduced, what else could be causing this?

As suggested I will be getting 4 new tyres, as fronts are warn on inner edge and have nail in rear :angry: hopefully the balencing will sort out this vibration?

Everything was very well explained and Tony is a top bloke, cheers :winky:

Also good to see another Loc member Maneesh. :D

I could ask the same question!

my fine tune will be 2000 miles after my new tyres are fitted...Looking at my printout, my settings were all over the place, only one setting was good and that was the tracking but the people that did that left my steering wheel on the wonk...all good now :)

Good news with the handling P38Aaron. It just goes to show that even though you thought it handled well after the lowering you still need the Geometry calibrated.

In the 90min we changed the wheelbase, front/rear track, moved the centre of gravity and tuned the Geometry dynamics to compliment the cars lower suspension... :D

All you need now is some new boots and the discs checked for run-out then it's happy days....

Ummm whats run-outs?

Currently got my spare on due to that dreadfull nail, its a directional going the wrong direction, it dont feel nice!

I am looking forward to getting my new tyres (next friday fitting) and enjoying my car again...Got a couple of events coming up, Rotorstock @ Santa Pod and WSB at Brands, will be a very enjoyable journey to both :-)

Ummm whats run-outs?

Currently got my spare on due to that dreadfull nail, its a directional going the wrong direction, it dont feel nice!

I am looking forward to getting my new tyres (next friday fitting) and enjoying my car again...Got a couple of events coming up, Rotorstock @ Santa Pod and WSB at Brands, will be a very enjoyable journey to both :-)

"Run out" is a term to describe the brake performance. This determines if the vibration is due to "pad matter" burnt on the face of the disc.

1 week on & 4 new tyres...Used to the car again, feels better cornering, feels more comfortable on all roads, does feel smooth when i put my foot down.

very happy with the final product.

Still have vibrations when braking, need to get this "run out" checked.

See you in 2k miles for the final tune.

I went with Uniroyal Rainsports all round, used them on an old car and were superb, seem to be doing well so far. grippy, quiet, comfy (with geo done too :winky: )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links