Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Remote Key Fob Ploblems

Hi guys, need some wisdom please,

My Key Remote is playing up (IS200SE) :crybaby: It sometimes dose not unlock the doors, I keep pressing the unlock button, lock & boot open etc. , light flash's but no joy :crybaby: so I manually open the door and of-course the Alarm starts up :tsktsk: , start the car and it stops.

It seems to be intermittent. I only noticed this upon my return from holidays when it was left parked up for about a week.

I have replaced the Battery 6 months ago.

Any recommendations of the Type/Make of Battery to replace it with just to eliminate it?

Any advise as always appriciated,

Dibslpg

i have the same problem, swapped both battery's when i got the car (one in the main key,and one in the valet key). Now the main key (with boot opener) is flat! <_<

The distance i could use the key started to get really small no matter where i was, now it's got to the point where it just doesnt work. :rolleyes:

Fortunately though, they're only a couple of quid and really easy to buy, unlike the size 0 phillip's thats needed to open the damn thing. :)

i have the same problem, swapped both battery's when i got the car (one in the main key,and one in the valet key). Now the main key (with boot opener) is flat! <_<

The distance i could use the key started to get really small no matter where i was, now it's got to the point where it just doesnt work. :rolleyes:

Fortunately though, they're only a couple of quid and really easy to buy, unlike the size 0 phillip's thats needed to open the damn thing. :)

Rikos; it does it randomly not matter where i am, at work its in a carpark so no major interferance..

corsavandal; i am about to replace the Battery on the fob, any Type that you can recommend? or should I go tothe stealers to buy one from them?

Good job you reminded me about the valet key so i might give that a try to and replace the batt to since it has never been used has far has i am aware even by the last owner.. :unsure:

Cheers for the info, will update my progress soon.

Dibslpg

i got may last pair from Motor World, and they've lasted all of 5 months, so figure these cheap one's off ebay cant be any worse:

eBay Battery's

tyhanks a lot guys,

i got one from a local car parts shop and it has been working fine so far.

so hopefully it will continue for an other 5 months or so. :D

cheers

Dibslpg

I thought the battery charges itself when it is in the ignition?

Sorry mate it doesnt do that - it is a standard non rechargeable Battery and would have to have a +ve line built into the key or an induction coil combined with a rechageable Battery.

But for info in 6 years i have had to change the Battery once - if the batteries are only lasting about 5 months either its a cheapo Battery or you are locking/unlocking the car a lot.

If the key remote operation is not working properly try standing about 1M away from the drivers door - then you are in the optimal area for the lock/unlock sensor

Sorry mate it doesnt do that - it is a standard non rechargeable Battery and would have to have a +ve line built into the key or an induction coil combined with a rechageable Battery.

But for info in 6 years i have had to change the Battery once - if the batteries are only lasting about 5 months either its a cheapo Battery or you are locking/unlocking the car a lot.

If the key remote operation is not working properly try standing about 1M away from the drivers door - then you are in the optimal area for the lock/unlock sensor

You might be right on the cheapo Battery bit Fluff3467 :blush:

So which is the best type of Battery and where can i get one please? :unsure:

save me hassle posting the same question in about 5 months time :winky: :tomato:

Dibslpg

Hmm, I can honestly say I've never replaced a remote key fob Battery. I had a Renault for 2 years, a Fiat for 2, a Peugeot for 3 and a Toyota for 2 and never needed to change it and didn't notice any drop in performance. Guess I've just been lucky or had good quality batteries.

Keith

You might be right on the cheapo Battery bit Fluff3467 :blush:

So which is the best type of Battery and where can i get one please? :unsure:

save me hassle posting the same question in about 5 months time :winky: :tomato:

Dibslpg

i would get a decent brand doesnt matter which, where to get them? halfrauds have them /motor factors and actually its not expenssive from the lex dealer

• 5 years later...

It could be the curcuit board button connection . Solder breaks and causes problems. Can be fixed. I bought spare buttons but curcuit was too badly damaged so had to buy new master key from lexus £160. If anyone needs 3 buttons let me know.(will need soldering to board)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links