Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200le - Lost Keys

I have a IS200LE and have lost keys to it. I can enter the car but cannot start it. What is the easiest and cheapest way to get the keys, and make sure that there will be no problems with the electronics later (there are some chips coded in the keys right?)?

I have a IS200LE and have lost keys to it. I can enter the car but cannot start it. What is the easiest and cheapest way to get the keys, and make sure that there will be no problems with the electronics later (there are some chips coded in the keys right?)?

How do you get into the car without key?

I'd stick with going to Lexus and getting a key done. Not the cheapest but even if you bought a blank key it would need to be programmed somehow.

Keith

How do you get into the car without key?

I keep it in the garage in my house and often don't close it.

I think when a person comes on here and makes their first post about the security of the car people are unlikely to make any meaningful reply, as suggested above you should contact Lexus.

You don't really think I am going to break into a car holding a tutorial printed from the internet, do you? :)

So I guess I have to contact lexus, better do that and have no problems later.

Thanks!

I'd have a good search for the keys! you must have some idea as to where they are and how did you lose both :duh:

Ring Lexus, if you give them the chassis number they should have the serial number for the keys on computer and be able to order replacements, still not cheap though, i'd only do this though if yor sure the keys are lost in your house somewhere you don't want to get your new keys leave it out of the garage and find it gone 10mins later, also check your insurance policy some cover lost/stolen keys you may be able to get the keys/locks changed through them and just pay the excess.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links