Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Kazama Noise

jimwire

I have a Prolex Kazama 1 cat back exhaust fitted to my rs200 and it's really loud. I have read that they are not meant to make a massive change in noise. Is this right? Could there be a problem with it?

I can be heard coming home from a couple of streets away I have been told.

cheers.

jim.

It may be it's just louder on your car due to the 3S-GE engine, most here have them fitted to a standard IS.

At what point in the rev range is it loudest?

The couple of streets comment sounds about right to me for one of these, especially on your car mate, only thing I can think of is that maybe it's blowing and that's causing excess noise?

Probably best to pop over to one of the local meets and compare to the lads there as then you've got something to compare it to :)

It may be it's just louder on your car due to the 3S-GE engine, most here have them fitted to a standard IS.

At what point in the rev range is it loudest?

The couple of streets comment sounds about right to me for one of these, especially on your car mate, only thing I can think of is that maybe it's blowing and that's causing excess noise?

Probably best to pop over to one of the local meets and compare to the lads there as then you've got something to compare it to :)

Thanks for that.

I'll check what point it's lodest at dinner.

Might be going to JAE so I'll compare it then.

Cheers.

If you don't make it to JAE there are a lot of meetings near you fella, Derby / Notts way, we've got a mini one in Chesterfield tomorrow but not sure if any IS's will be attending that one which isn't much help!

If you don't make it to JAE there are a lot of meetings near you fella, Derby / Notts way, we've got a mini one in Chesterfield tomorrow but not sure if any IS's will be attending that one which isn't much help!

I'll look out for a local one then.

Cheers.

Mine has a Apexi POD and and a HKS Hiper..... have heard comments like .... we could hear you 400 miles away... lol :yahoo:

when i floor it from a standing stop .... people walking with kids half a mile up the street start holding their hands, even though i hadn't actually gone above the speed limit.... great for overtaking too, everybody knows someones about to pass them... no more dozy drivers to worry about....all in all LOUD is GREAT :P

Altezza's are LOUD by nature..... as it's the fit racing version of the comfy IS200 :)

I like it being loud 90% of the time don't get me wrong. I was just starting to worry it was not right after reading that it was not an amazingly loud exhaust on the IS200.

Cheers for putting my mind at rest. I'll enjoy it again.

They are louder on the tezza...Am (Mr Singh) had this issue when the Kazams where first available....cant remeber exactly what the reason was, but he ended up swpping it for the HKS silent....they also get louder when they get hot :winky:

They are louder on the tezza...Am (Mr Singh) had this issue when the Kazams where first available....cant remeber exactly what the reason was, but he ended up swpping it for the HKS silent....they also get louder when they get hot :winky:

Yes I read a post where he said it was loud on his car after I started this thread. At least I know there is nothing wrong with it.

yes me and am (mr singh ) swapped zorsts he had my hks i had is kazama the differance on the tezza to mine was quite remarkable

my hks on mine was silent on the tezza sounded realy beafy but the kazama on the tezza i thought sounded great very loud though

but a tottaly different sound on mine

yes me and am (mr singh ) swapped zorsts he had my hks i had is kazama the differance on the tezza to mine was quite remarkable

my hks on mine was silent on the tezza sounded realy beafy but the kazama on the tezza i thought sounded great very loud though

but a tottaly different sound on mine

Yeh, the Kazama on mine was way too loud, i couldn't hear nothing but the exhaust. Its likea buddy club exhaust. LOUD AS ****!

The HKS Silent hiper is perfect for my ears, just a tad bit louder than stock, beefy bassy sound and not at all in your face... The supercharger kills that anyway :D

Only the standard Hiper was discontinued alongside the Super Drager II (which is another great exhaust for the IS if you can get your hands on).

The Silent Hiper should still be available from any HKS stockist :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links