Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Quanan Parking Sensors

I've just ordered my set of parking sensors :)

the drill through type. I see that they could be painted (my car's granite sky, so wouldn't look too bad if i didn't paint them, but wanna do the job properly).

anyway, my question is, what's the best way to paint the sensors? Aersol? Touch up brush? And do I go to lexus for the paint, or just Halfords?

Thanks for any help guys

Tony

PS: read the article in the workshop bit, VERY informative, I've already downloaded the page to put next to me in my garage !!

ah ha....

thank you very much indeed for that.

The purpose of the PVC board is just to provide a flush finish to the outside of the sensors I assume? Is there no problems with getting paint on any important parts of the sensors - the centre bit which receives the signal back or anything like that?

And also (probably posed to some of the English guys out there) is the finish of regular Halfords equivalent spray paint good enough, or do I need to go to Lexus for the EXACT colour match? Oh, and do I need to lacquer it!?!

So many questions.....I'm sorry!!

But thanks very much for the reply though, Vince - much appreciated

Tony

No problem mate :)

"The purpose of the PVC board is just to provide a flush finish to the outside of the sensors I assume? Is there no problems with getting paint on any important parts of the sensors - the centre bit which receives the signal back or anything like that"

You can spray them over the PVC board much easily, but take in mind that you have to spray them lightly, making it in 2 or 3 spray passing, would be perfect.

You paint them (all the exterior part with the black round)

The PVC board will make you practice drilling too, if you've got an old rigid luggage like Samsonite or else, check the inside separation PVC board, perfect to do it :)

Thanks again gents.

Ordered them today so they should be with me by the weekend - hurrah! (Incidentally, I didn't know this, but Mike246 from here is Mike from Cleargate who supply the sensors). Top bloke, very helpful.

I phoned lexus and ordered and spray of granite sky paint (which comes with the lacquer) cos I want to do it properly and make it look as subtle as possible - not bad, £7something + VAT.

Wish me luck....I'll be taking a black and decker to my bumper on Saturday ( :( :blink::sad::nuke::yawn: :o )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links