Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Taillight Fit On Both Sides

BruNo

hey guys, its best u check this thing out with your cars and give me some feedback.

after more than 3years of owning my car, i just noticed today, that the right taillight has a "bigger" gap between its lenses and the right side quarter panel/rear fender compared to the left taillight.

the gap being the distance between the lens and the rear fender, the right side is about 1-2mm more further apart than the left taillight. when i opened the boot, the upper tip of the taillight on the rightside, had a gap between its black plastic housing and the metal part of the rear fender, whereas the left taillight, had its black housing completely flush with the left quarterpanel/fender. anyone notice this????

but the when u take a very close look, the taillights r perfectly flush with the rear bumper, and the trunklid, only that the taillight on the right has about 1-2mm more gap between it and the fender compared to the lefts. is this just a design flaw???? its barely noticeable to d point i only noticed it after 3years.

well,,,,im kinda paranoid lately after some KIA bumped my car from behind. but i dont think the bumping has got to do with it coz my rear bumper wasnt even misaligned. and the bumped portion is more to d left than to the right of the car where the gap exists.

ill try to post pics if time warrants...

anyway to put it short, open ur trunklid, the taillight has two bolts right? upper n lower...try to take a look at the topmost part of the black platic above the upper bolt...ive noticed that there is NO GAP betweent the plastic and the car's body on the left side, but on the right side, there is some gap between the black plastic and d car's body. im talking about the part where the black plastic of the taillight joins the car's body. its basically the part where water flows down...from the side down to the taillights...get it????

snap , mines over 3 years old and has the same "special feature" as yours and the car has never been in a bodyshop in its life . i have not looked inside the boot as it does`nt bother me so if i was you i would forget it . :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links