Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sub-sickness

Last week I had an ICE install.. Now I am not used to anything as good as what i have had installed.. many years of Matsui!

Anyway... it seems that everytime i drive around with some very low bass music and the sub is giving me all its got that I am starting to feel queezy.. :sick::sick:

Is this normal and if it is will i get used to it?

or am I a freak? :crying:

Sure it's not sea sickness Steve :lol:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

dunno steve maybe u will get used to it, im used to some harsh bass i get ear ache if there is no bass and too much treble.

take some travel sickness pills before you board the boat.................... :whistling:

hmm Ok.. well i will see chris and Mitch at the traffic lights.. and can confer afterwards when i way ahead.. barge or not.. I am one fast pipe and slipper bloke!

Anyway.. this thread aint about sailing.. its about Sub Sickness

Back on track

Depends on the frequency response of your subs. VLF sound waves have a known psychological effect, but this is most powerful around 12Hz. I can't think of any subs that go this low by design, but resonance might be the culprit. VLF tones can bring about feelings of panic, confusion and nausea. It's natural mate.

Steve- like me you are probably old enough to remember "Supernature" by Lyle Watson, he mentioned the effects that VLF can have on the body, it can even damage the intestines. So get some padding in your barge and sit on an isolating platform so that YOU move with the beat, and the beat doesn't move the parts other beers cannot reach. :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links