Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is250 Se Auto

v7cjl

I had a test drive in an IS250 SE Auto at the Lexus dealer in MK today, and I am very impressed. I have always had manual cars and have never really understood the appeal of Auto boxes. Todays test drive has totally changed my opinion. I can now see why several people on this forum like the Auto.

I had a test drive in an IS250 SE Auto at the Lexus dealer in MK today, and I am very impressed. I have always had manual cars and have never really understood the appeal of Auto boxes. Todays test drive has totally changed my opinion. I can now see why several people on this forum like the Auto.

I like my auto as it makes things very relaxing. I've been driving 14 years but in the first 9 of them I did about 300,000 miles, so I've got driving like a loon out of my system now - I like comfort first. The auto gives me that.

And I've got a sportsbike parked outside, so when I want to remind myself (and any nearby Ferrari drivers) the meaning of the word acceleration, I still can. :D

Mike

I bought my first auto after30 odd years driving.

I chose the IS250SE with MM pack after driving all versions manual and auto.

For once in my life I made the right choice.!Its the best car i have ever had ....Its superb!!! so if yuo go for one you will not be disappointed :) and you always have the paddles to play with

Virtually my first drive in an auto was test driving the IS250, quickest way to disappoint yourself with a lexus is to drive the Manual AFTER you've driven the auto - the one I drove was horrendous - needed help to get it into 2nd. No looking back since my Auto arrived last March. There's always the power mode and paddles when you feel like razzing around a bit. So much more refined and the box can still surprise you by changing down one more gear than you thought and then launches you at the horizon

Hi,

Glad to hear your liking the Autobox.

For Trackdays id have a Manual box every time.

But in the real world with the amount of traffic on the roads and all the stop/starting i love the autobox,it helps keep me calm :D

The autobox has come along way from the old 3 speeds that used to be common in most cars of the 60s,70s and 80s.

I've always preferred manuals myself.

Then I drove the GS450h.

Every now and then I remember what that CVT was like and I'm just amazed.

I chose the 220d over the 250 because I'm moving from a performance car, so I wanted to make more of a clean break.

I've heard that if you get the 250, though, the auto box is the only way to go.

I would have very much liked an auto in the diesel, mostly because I'm so used to not having to change gears very often in the GTA.

20mph + 6th gear works, although obviously a bit sluggishly.

When I test drove the 220d I found I was often caught out by a complete requirement to change gear.

In the GTA I haven't had that... just a thought that I could be accelerating faster.

G

Just got my IS250 SE and it is a great car compared to the E240 A/G it was replacing. I will miss (not) the frequent trips back to the Merc shop to replace / repair bits falling off or going crunch - like the gearbox and other assorted vital elements of a car that you assume will last.

However, it is a little step back in terms of the equipment levels. SE trim and you don't get electrophotochromic mirrors? No headlamp wash? A flimsy plastic blanking panel where the sunglasses holder should be? Gosh, its like going back to basics!

Good fun car though!

A flimsy plastic blanking panel where the sunglasses holder should be? Gosh, its like going back to basics!

Oooh - I don't mean to totally pervert your point, but:

Where's that?

I didn't see it on my gaze around the cockpit.

Thanks

In the overhead console (look up!) - in front of the reading light switches.

Don't tell me the SE-L just has the blanking panel too! Maybe there is a SE-XLTGSI out there that has the true full spec!

My car is on a boat, so I don't get to check :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links