Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fishing For....

Mike_B

....sympathy please folks!! :crybaby:

Badly broke my left wrist skiing last week and now can't drive my Lex anywhere for 5 or 6 weeks. Which messes up work too, as I kind of rely on it. Don't think they're too pleased...

Mike

Ouch!

Hope you're doing good mate, I'm supposed to be going snowboarding next year and it's stuff like this that worries me!

All the best with the recovery, it's a nightmare only being able to use one hand, was in that position last year for a few weeks and it's a pain doing the stupid things like opening a bottle and putting toothpaste onto your toothbrush, a good tip I found is just pick the shampoo up, squirt it on your head and then you're onto a winner!

I've been before, fallen loads of times, not much I could do about this one though! Just got caught out in flat light, didn't see it coming at all... time I realised I was going down I was flat on the floor, one ski 20m up the slope and the other 10m further down. The quack reckoned if I'd been wearing guards I'd just have broken either my hand or the arm higher up.

Got away quite lightly really - another girl from my chalet broke both her wrists at the exact same time I did (on different slopes luckily!) so the poor girl can't do anything for herself for weeks!!

So take it easy out there next year aido - wrists are the most common snowboarding injury!! But have fun, snowsports are cool... ;-) BTW my shampoo tip is hold a leg up and squirt it onto that - grab it up from there to put on your head! Works with shower gel too...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links