Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Electrical Help, Pic's Would Be Great !

hi there, my current mission is on the electrical ariel area of the car, I don't have the original unit fitted but would love to buy one (even if mast is broken as that's an easy repair) as they seem hard to find I am looking to fit an after market unit, I have read the thread on here about it and can source the part if I need it, but looking at what's in my boot, I have the relay unit (toyota stamped 12 pin plug blue unit) which then connects to a little black unit via 2 wires with 2 wires coming off it with a 2 pin connector on the end

so what's the little black unit ? coming off the relay there's 3 wires green black and red is it possibal to use these wire to hook up an after market unit ?

also anyone know where the remote central locking unit is, or even what it looks like ? I know it's by ariel somewhere but can't see it as not sure what I'm looking for...

Really apriciate any help offered on these matters,

Hi,

Answer to part 2 is the central locking/remote ECU is located behind the panel up and to the right from the toolbox kit in the boot.It's fixed behind a bracing bar so not easy to see at 1st.

If I remember there are one or two 10mm screws/bolts at the back of the tool box and the rest of the panel is held by clips.

Now have part one answer

The 3 wires are as follows red(pin7) is 12volt supply,green ( pin 8) is the signal supply and black ( pin 10) is signal ground.

The black box is marked sensor on the diagram and I think it's the device that automatically adjusts the lenght of the aerial to get the best reception for each radio station.

It's very technical but the lenght of the aerial is tuned for a particular frequency and this fine tunes if you like.

The actual aerial motor is driven from pin 2 ( black/yellow wire) for up movement and pin 5 ( blue wire) for down movement on the aerial ecu

Cheers,

Steve :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links