Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Illuminated Numberplates

Like VW Phaetons it is now allowed in Germany to change cars rear registration plate by a self illuminating plate.

It's looking very cool and is high quality by Scotch 3m.

I'm not sure if its allowed outside Germany. But it should be soon.

Got the whole set incl numberplate from eBay.de for 110 Euros

DSC00104800.sized.jpg

DSC00101800.sized.jpg

A little movie clip. Please rename from MOV to .3gp.

LINK.3gp

More infos: http://www.3m-sln.de

Design homologation: LINK.pdf

:)

Like VW Phaetons it is now allowed in Germany to change cars rear numberplates by self illuminating plates.

It's looking very cool and is high quality by Scotch 3m.

I'm not sure if its allowed outside Germany. But it should be soon.

Got the whole set incl numberplate from ebay.de for 110 Euros

DSC00104800.sized.jpg

DSC00101800.sized.jpg

A little movie clip. Please rename from MOV to .3gp.

LINK.3gp

More infos: http://www.3m-sln.de

Design homologation: LINK.pdf

:)

they look sweet!!!!

any link to the eBay seller mate?

did you provide regestration number and they then produce the plates??

how easy are they to fit?

Seller is "kennzeichen24": http://stores.ebay.de/Kennzeichen24

The plate is done in plastic and is the same in size and lettering like the normal ones. I ordered it with my reg number I already had in tin plate..

The frame with the LEDs is easy to fit. But I had to drill a hole for the wiring.

The frame is needed to get a homogen enlightment through the reg plate.

so you supply your reg number and they supply the plate and the frame??? ---> yes, its a complete set. but I don't know if they can do a UK-spec licence plate (yelllow?). but feel free to ask the seller..

then its just a case of drilling a hole and attaching to a power feed? --> yes, thats all :)

Is the front the same??--> No, sorry, its only for the rear :)

so you supply your reg number and they supply the plate and the frame??? ---> yes, its a complete set. but I don't know if they can do a UK-spec licence plate (yelllow?). but feel free to ask the seller..

then its just a case of drilling a hole and attaching to a power feed? --> yes, thats all :)

Is the front the same??--> No, sorry, its only for the rear :)

thanks mate.

might have to brush up on my Danish!!!! hope he speaks English.

Having trouble finding these plates on his store list?! :yawn:

That looks very cool, it's one of those ideas that when you see it you wonder why someone didn't start making them earlier!

Looks great though, hope they catch on over here, not sure how reflective these things would be though, wondering if maybe the speed cameras would have issue with them being backlit?

Guessing it must be ok if they're doing it as standard on the Phaeton though surely?

That is very cool indeed :)

I'm sure there won't be any problem with reflectiveness as they're made by 3M (who clearly know a thing or two about reflective materials), not sure about the speed camera thing but they're not actually backlit (the lighting is from the sides of the plate) so can't see that being the cause of any problem.

Hope they make it over here too :winky:

Hi,

they are totally the same like normal reg plates... but done in tracing plastic. It sits on a glowing panel which is enlighted by white LEDs at the bottom.

They also have a reflective coating like mentioned here. So that they could be clearly seen when they are turned off. You can sense the coating on the second picture. Its the fine pattern you see.

If they are really done by TVR... get in contact with them. They could print the reg plate. You could buy the glowing frame from 3m for 69 euros...

----edit

Just asked the seller here in Germany. He can't provide you with UK-spec registration plates...

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links