Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Which To Buy

Ordered My Lead Today (head unit conversion) off eBay

but now what head unit should i buy as i would like to keep the amber lighting,

thinking of looking at the Pioneer DEH-P55BT and the CD IB100 MK2 for IPOD connection

looking at some pics Dan sent me it looks like a good unit, but maybe someone can suggest another brand and model.

Also what 6x9 speakers are best to fit so i can leave the STD Lexus Rear covers in the car.

and is it worth changing the fronts or not?

Thanks

Matt

Ordered My Lead Today (head unit conversion) off Ebay

thinking of looking at the Pioneer DEH-P55BT and the CD IB100 MK2 for IPOD connection

looking at some pics Dan sent me it looks like a good unit, but maybe someone can suggest another brand and model.

Also what 6x9 speakers are best to fit so i can leave the STD Lexus Rear covers in the car.

Thanks

Matt

Hey Mat, You will not have to do anything with the rear speaker covers they are stuck onto the rear parcel shelf and dont need to be removed to get the factory speakers out, you need to take the whole shelf out!! So any speaker will fit that way. Its more of the depth into the boot that you need to worry about, because of the boot levers in the way. Ill measure mine tomorrow and see how deep they are. And they just about fit! You more than likely will have to make an MDF mount for the speakers because most aftermarket ones are smaller in diameter than the huge factory ones. Sorry i have no pics of how i did mine, look in the workshop section, there is a few pics there.

Ordered My Lead Today (head unit conversion) off Ebay

Thanks

Matt

Hey Mat, You will not have to do anything with the rear speaker covers they are stuck onto the rear parcel shelf and dont need to be removed to get the factory speakers out, you need to take the whole shelf out!! So any speaker will fit that way. Its more of the depth into the boot that you need to worry about, because of the boot levers in the way. Ill measure mine tomorrow and see how deep they are. And they just about fit! You more than likely will have to make an MDF mount for the speakers because most aftermarket ones are smaller in diameter than the huge factory ones. Sorry i have no pics of how i did mine, look in the workshop section, there is a few pics there.

Dan Thanks for pics of head unit colour matches perfect for night time use

i think i will be going for one of them DEH p55BT's

Ref speakers i will make adaptor plates the only thing that worried me was that if the adaptor plate is too thick then the cover on the parcel shelf would squashthe top of new speakers

Cheers

Matt

Ref speakers i will make adaptor plates the only thing that worried me was that if the adaptor plate is too thick then the cover on the parcel shelf would squashthe top of new speakers

Cheers

Matt

Nah that wont happen, just use 12 mm MDF. The factory speakers are fairly fat from the metal boot shelf up. Most aftermarket speakers are deeper so your problem wont be the top of the speakers getting squashed There is so much room under the parcel shelf, you will realise that as soon as u take it out. Maybe you shoud have a loof before you order you new speakers just so your certain they will have enough clearance in the boot.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

Matt

Nah that wont happen, just use 12 mm MDF. The factory speakers are fairly fat from the metal boot shelf up. Most aftermarket speakers are deeper so your problem wont be the top of the speakers getting squashed There is so much room under the parcel shelf, you will realise that as soon as u take it out. Maybe you shoud have a loof before you order you new speakers just so your certain they will have enough clearance in the boot.

As mentioned it wiring loom posts

I have now ordered the

DEH55BT

CDIB100 MkII

steering wheel remote New type (answer phone from it)

and the TS A6911s

Got all of it aprt from speakers they arrive tomorrow

and then i have to fit it all :lol:

should be fun

ps just a quick question the original wires on rear speakers are they indicated as to which is Pos & Neg

or is it the usuall large/small terminal on speakers

Cheers

Matt

I have now ordered the

DEH55BT

CDIB100 MkII

and the TS A6911s

should be fun

ps just a quick question the original wires on rear speakers are they indicated as to which is Pos & Neg

Cheers

Matt

As far as i remember one is red, other is black. And if they are sticking to conventional colour codes the red is positive. The thing that im not sure about is, there is 2 wires going to the top part of the speaker and 2 to the buttom part. not sure which you need to use. I ran new cables for my speakers.

Do you need the bluetooth?

If not get an alipne with full speed ipod support it will be much easier.

Also the stearing controls might not work with the pioneer

The steering wheel Remote is the latest one and is fully compatable with HU

and the CDIB100 MK2 takes the control from IPOD and allows

the wheel on DEH55 to work like jog wheel on IPOD and also charges IPOD when it is plugged in

and i will defo use the Bluetooth for mobile as i am sick of the Jabra things on my head

and now the Police can fine you £60.00 and 3 points i will be glad to use the HU to handle the phone

Matt

I have now ordered the

DEH55BT

CDIB100 MkII

and the TS A6911s

should be fun

Cheers

Matt

As far as i remember one is red, other is black. And if they are sticking to conventional colour codes the red is positive. The thing that im not sure about is, there is 2 wires going to the top part of the speaker and 2 to the buttom part. not sure which you need to use. I ran new cables for my speakers.

Hmm i will take a good look over the weekend as i would rather just use the original wires

but if i have to run new ones then needs must :D

Cheers Dan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links