Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Vibration On Rx400h

I have purchased recently an ex demo RX400h with about 6K miles. I immediately identified a vibration which I took to be the rear wheel balance. The garage have changed the wheels and tyres to a different manufactuer as they said it was the wrong manufactuers tyres on it. They have balanced the wheels but it still gives an unpleasant vibration. The garage now say they will not contact Lexus on the matter as 2 other demos have the same characteristics. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
I immediately identified a vibration which I took to be the rear wheel balance...The garage now say they will not contact Lexus on the matter as 2 other demos have the same characteristics. Any suggestions?

Sorry but I wouldn't take that fob-off. I would suggest to them that if they don't fix it, then I will be looking to reject the car. TBH, I wouold be putting pen to paper tonight and psoting the letter by recorded delviery stating to them clearly the problem, that I have given them the opportunity to 'fix it' and that the problem still exists. I would offer them one other opportunity to fix the problem, or I would be rejecting the car.

The onus is on the Dealer to prove the fault does not exist etc. / did not exist after the fix and the Law is quite clearly on the side of the consumer. If you have Home Insurance, then see if you have Legal Cover, they will point you in the right direction. Properly worded letter will let your Dealership know you know your rights and will not hesitate to exercise your rights.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links