Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is250 Sel Sat Nav Disk

I thought I would have a look at my sat nav disk to see what version it is. Stupid idea as it turned out :duh:

I managed to get the two removal tools (pins) into the holes either side of the panel. The manual then says to slip a flat screwdriver into the slot below the emergency flasher button. Ha! what slot do they mean? I could not find a slot anywhere near that area.

I did manage to slip a small screwdriver blade under the bottom of the panel, but trying to ease the panel out was a no no. Any more force would have cracked the plastic which i was not prepared to risk. So I thought, if I squeese the two removal tools together to grip the panel and pull while pushing down on the screwdriver the panel might pop out. No such luck, all I managed to do was to snap one of the removal tool pins (Idid manage to remove the broken pin as there was a millimeter left sticking out) and I am still no nearer finding out what sat nav disk I have.

If anyone can provide a idiot proof guide to removing the disk it would be much appreciated. I'll then try again once I find an alternative removal tool which does the job. A hint as to where the slot for the screwdriver is would also help. :D

Thanks.

I thought I would have a look at my sat nav disk to see what version it is. Stupid idea as it turned out :duh:

I managed to get the two removal tools (pins) into the holes either side of the panel. The manual then says to slip a flat screwdriver into the slot below the emergency flasher button. Ha! what slot do they mean? I could not find a slot anywhere near that area.

I did manage to slip a small screwdriver blade under the bottom of the panel, but trying to ease the panel out was a no no. Any more force would have cracked the plastic which i was not prepared to risk. So I thought, if I squeese the two removal tools together to grip the panel and pull while pushing down on the screwdriver the panel might pop out. No such luck, all I managed to do was to snap one of the removal tool pins (Idid manage to remove the broken pin as there was a millimeter left sticking out) and I am still no nearer finding out what sat nav disk I have.

If anyone can provide a idiot proof guide to removing the disk it would be much appreciated. I'll then try again once I find an alternative removal tool which does the job. A hint as to where the slot for the screwdriver is would also help. :D

Thanks.

Hi Ive had mine out and yes its difficult and easy to damage facia.If you are on skype pm me and Ill talk you thro it and email you a photo of the clip arrangement .Once you see it ouut it helps to use the pins properly

@oldcro

Have updated my email address to @btinternet.com as I have moved from the ROI to N Ireland.Can you resend your email address toagain so I can send you the pic

Have sent another Email nicnac, but if you do not receive it I have added to my LOC details as well.

@ oldcro

Sent photo etc

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. They give us a crappy 3/4 year old disc for the sat/nav .Charge us through the nose to replace it, don,t even have the decency to apologise and then you have to put a mini atomic bomb under the dash to get it out. How do you spell customer relasunezzz :lol:

Thanks to nicnacs info and photo I managed to get at the Satnav disc today. I wanted to order the UK only disc for 2006-2007 but all I can order on their website is the update for the Overview disc which is in the car.

Why didn't Lexus ask which disc I wanted when buying the car? The Overview disc is ideal for anyone intending to take their car abroad but not much use for the likes of me who has no intention of doing so.

I tried to phone the Lexus update site and Lexus GB site, but could not find a phone number on either. But then, why would they want a customer bothering them with a phone call. After all we are only the lowly people who have created their jobs and pay their wages, so we don't matter to Lexus Customer services.

Rant over :angry:

• 11 months later...

Re the DVD sat nav disc removal NicNac, any Advice / pictures would be VERY much appreciated.

Got a 2006 IS250 SE-L. Need the info off it to update it. Have tried removing it but no luck. Got a 57 Plate today and tried with this one, but no joy again. Dealer showed me a tool (nothing like the 2 pins provided in boot) but wouldn't loan / remove it for me. THANKS!

Just so i don't get asked the 57 Plate is NOT being messed around with, i just tried removing it as with my 2006 SE-L. I was hoping to see what version it was and buy it as i cannot swap them to see difference as i cannot remove mine.

Thanks in advance.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links