Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Possible Engine Misfire

whiteman

:blink: :) Like it say's in the title, I have only noticed it since putting new plugs in it about 4 month ago

The car is in Cyprus as I work there now so it was a shame to leave it behind, it had a full service before it went to save time and money lookikng for a Lexus dealer there which are hard to find as the only one I know out there is approx 2hrs away.

Anyway whilst driving on the motorway out there I have noticed a a few time now when driving normally it sometimes feels like a misfire, the car sort of jerks then goes back to normal, fuel economy is far better out there too, I use to get approx 350 mile to full tank but get 450 now, same sort of driving and roads. I am not complaining about that.

I just need to sort this little niggle out as I know it is there, I think it could be one of the spark pluggs breaking down but when you have six cylinders not sure which one. I am going to try and find the old pluggs and replace them but they are somewhere in the depths of my garage boxed up ready for shipping eventually.

The other thing I like about driving in Cyprus is there aren't many Lexus IS 200s out there, mainly toyota altezza's. The locals like looking at my six cylinder baby, many have offered to buy it off me but the customs guys will jail me if I did that as I haven't paid any duty on it as it is classed as a personel item. Also the value of it has doubled out there as the value of cars doesn't go on age. No parkers guide out there so prices can be made up to suit. Got offered 12k for mine. It is a 2001 Y se. :winky:

the replacement plugs were denso iridium IK20s,

When the sort of misfire happens the engine management light does not come on.

Will have to try and find the old plugs and put them in and if it is still there it could be a coil pack.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links