Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What Brand Tyre To Use On Is200

chandru

Hi,i've got a is200. when i bought it, it came with dunlop sp9000 215/45/zr17 tyres...ive had to change the tyres twice due to nail/screw being in two different tyres within 5 months. i was starting to think if these were not as good as the bridgestones or michelins. has anyone else got another brand tyre in theirs apart from the dunlops, or changed from dunlops to something else and thought they were better? let me know. thanks

Hi,i've got a is200. when i bought it, it came with dunlop sp9000 215/45/zr17 tyres...ive had to change the tyres twice due to nail/screw being in two different tyres within 5 months. i was starting to think if these were not as good as the bridgestones or michelins. has anyone else got another brand tyre in theirs apart from the dunlops, or changed from dunlops to something else and thought they were better? let me know. thanks

The fact you've had nails isn't down to the brand of tyre, no make will prevent that happening!

I stuck with the Dunlops when I changed the rears recently, but then I'm one of those odd souls that quite likes Dunlops. I use them on the bike as well, despite the fact the road testers in the mags say they don't like them, I always find them grippy and confidence-inspiring...

Mike

i stuck with the dunlops as they lasted for ages - i had 45K out of my last set but they were the ones made in japan and not europe.

at the moment i have the sport maxx on my summer wheels.

The ones made in Japan are the Lexus specific fitment I think. My fronts are made in France, but the new rears I put on a couple of weeks ago are made in Japan - and I ordered the Lexus specific ones.

So maybe that's why they last quite well - they really are specfic to the car?

Mike

i stuck with the dunlops as they lasted for ages - i had 45K out of my last set but they were the ones made in japan and not europe.

at the moment i have the sport maxx on my summer wheels.

The ones made in Japan are the Lexus specific fitment I think. My fronts are made in France, but the new rears I put on a couple of weeks ago are made in Japan - and I ordered the Lexus specific ones.

So maybe that's why they last quite well - they really are specfic to the car?

Mike

got bridgestone reo4o on mine, mate works in tyre trade and says standard spec is either the dunlops or bridgestones- the bridgestones are car type specific- the code is cz if i remember rightly- thats for the reo4o. dont kno what the code is for the dunlops

Must have said this *** knows how many times....

And the chances are, most of you still havent heard of the tyres I use!

Vrederstein Ultrac! Not cheap mind....£130 each.

Their brilliant though, low road noise, great grip in the wet, dry, milage so far has been great to! Just a bit expensive! Look nice though :D

Heard the Vredestein's have a weak side wall though, the place I use is always trying to sell me these, so I took him for a test drive, he decided not to offer me these after all due to the side wall and offered me the Toyos! Might not be an issue on the IS but he wouldn't sell me these on the Aristo!

The Falken's, not sure of the numbers, but 451 and 452 are getting superb reviews everywhere for their class, I was always very happy with the Toyo T1S on mine, had a couple of sets and couldn't fault them :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links