Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Trd/equivalent Power Upgrade For Is220d Sport?

Hey all,

Has this ever become available or anyone know of any further info on this - do you think it will ever be made available. Would like to get mine "tweaked" as I think there is loads of potential in it :)

From TTE or TRD or equivalent?

Brian :)

more power means higher consumption.

Why did you buy diesel, when you are looking for more power?

Diesel MUCH more torque-y, smoother in overtaking and more economical. Upping the power does not always mean less economical, as I have found tuning various turbocharged cars over the years, including my own Impreza WRX STI. It is a mistake to believe the only reason anyone would buy a diesel is economy - maybe 10 years ago.

When LOC went to TTE in April this year they were testing a chip for the 220, I cant remember the figures, but I remember being impressed. Maybe someone else that went can remember the figures?

May be worth dropping them a mail to see if it went into production

HTH

Paul

personally, I'd prefer more to refine the power delivery, smooth out the engine, reduce the turbo lag - if the engine behaved as the one ine beemer 320d, that would be superb. I personally don't need more power.

I've got 231kg motorbike with 143hp - thats for fun. Lexie is for daily commuting :)

personally, I'd prefer more to refine the power delivery, smooth out the engine, reduce the turbo lag - if the engine behaved as the one ine beemer 320d, that would be superb. I personally don't need more power.

I've got 231kg motorbike with 143hp - thats for fun. Lexie is for daily commuting :)

Anything to make the power delivery like the Beemers or Audi PDF170 - i.e. flatter less "peaky" torque delivery would be fab.

Oh yes - another 50odd BHP :yahoo: and another 75 lf/ft of torque :driving: wouldn't go amiss either :lol:

AS for whether diesel is worth the performance or not...well consider this...

300+lb/ft of torque puts the 220d in sports car teritory...for approx 1600 revs of the rev range :shutit:

PS - even 295lb/ft makes it the same as a Carrera S...

AS for whether diesel is worth the performance or not...well consider this...

300+lb/ft of torque puts the 220d in sports car teritory...for approx 1600 revs of the rev range :shutit:

PS - even 295lb/ft makes it the same as a Carrera S...

the torque on engine is not important. important is the torque on the wheels, and diesels have approximately 1/3 taller ratios in transmission, so 300lb/ft on diesel is equivalent to 200lb/s on petrol engine.

and - don't forget that we have 300lb only on app. 400rpm - that is not too much. And because the power curve is steep, everything around is not much.

Good petrol engine has flat curve, 90% of the torque between for example 1800 and 6000rpm... thats the difference. And that is why we can not compare our car to carrera.

and after all - the car is moved by power, not by torque. That is why 170hp petrol engine with 200lb makes the sprint from 0-60mph in the same time than 170hp diesel engine with 300lb...

Here is the answer from TTE we got on November the 28th

Hello,

thank you for your inquiry.

No good news. We do not have any further details so far and development is interrupted. Maybe we have to cancel the project.

So lets wait some more month if it is still possible and please contact me in spring 2007 again.

Kind regards,

Toyota Motorsport GmbH

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links