Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sat Nav & Stereo Help

if the sat nav cd box is not plugged in, in the boot

will the stereo etc still work?

a friends wont play anything not even radio, it wont even switch on just comes with a blank screen

the reason i asked this is that someone bought a car without the sat nav box in the boot, they bought it from auction and never checked

now they cant get anything to work sound wise

all feedback shall be appreciated

btw its a 1999 gs300

a friends wont play anything not even radio, it wont even switch on just comes with a blank screen

the reason i asked this is that someone bought a car without the sat nav box in the boot, they bought it from auction and never checked

btw its a 1999 gs300

As far as i know the sat nav box can be removed and the audio system should still work. The only thing that will stop functioning is the sat nav screen, this is powered by the sat nav box If there is no power going to the cd player? Check the fuses for this.

Could be a total different story for a GS300 though. Im sure someone will be along soon to correct me

• 2 weeks later...

btw its a 1999 gs300

no the stereo wont work. the avc lan communication system will stop any component from working if the correct daisy chain communication system isnt hooked up correctly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links