Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Got My Car Back....

gerbo

Have a RS200 Z for about 2 weeks now. Dropped her into a mechanic for a major service on Thursday. All belts and fluids done.

He picked up a couple of things:

There is a hole in the centre section of the exhaust.

There is a flat spot on initial acceleration which he thinks may be the throttle positioning sensor.

Do kwit-fit do a center section and how much do you reckon? If the dont how much will a new exhaust cost me? Where would I source an exhaust in Ireland?

Do you think the hole in the exhaust is responsible for the throttle response?

All help appreciated

Bad throttle response could be caused by a dirty or faulty MAF sensor on the airbox. Exhaust system should be the same as an IS200, if not you can source some center section from either Prolex in the UK. In Ireland maybe try couture auto in Dunboyne

biggest problem with these cars is our crappy fuel.... we,ve taken sports cars out of Japan where they were factory tuned to run on premium 100 ron petrol and we force it to survive on crappy 95 ron ... apparently the ECU does it's best to adjust/ retard the timing but at the end of the day they are never going to run as good as they were designed to over here....

I think it's a disgrace that " importers" can bring in these cars and not inform the buyers about the shortcomings in the Irish fuel.... obviously they either don't know or choose to pretend that everything is fine....

I still love Jap cars but won't buy one with my eyes closed again....

Check most Irish importers websites and they quote the manufactures details...RS200 for example = 210 bhp @ 7600 .... YES in Japan.... not fu*kin here in Ireland ....stupid bas*ards ... and I'm stupid too for believing them....

You car is homesick... basically!

@ Dan,

Exhaust system in the RS200 is totally different to an IS200, only part interchangable is the back box ;)

Regards the hole in the exhaust.....get someone to weld it!, don't go spending big bucks on a new system unless it's full of holes....

@ Dan,

Exhaust system in the RS200 is totally different to an IS200, only part interchangable is the back box ;)

Regards the hole in the exhaust.....get someone to weld it!, don't go spending big bucks on a new system unless it's full of holes....

Sorry my bad!! i thought i remeber someone telling me they had the sone exhaust bits the same as the IS

Have a RS200 Z for about 2 weeks now. Dropped her into a mechanic for a major service on Thursday. All belts and fluids done.

There is a flat spot on initial acceleration which he thinks may be the throttle positioning sensor.

Do kwit-fit do a center section and how much do you reckon? If the dont how much will a new exhaust cost me? Where would I source an exhaust in Ireland?

All help appreciated

I only got my car the weekend but i did notice a bit of a flat spot on acceleration as well.

:offtopic: Just out of interest how much did the service cost? Was it a dealer who did it?

All help appreciated

I only got my car the weekend but i did notice a bit of a flat spot on acceleration as well.

:offtopic: Just out of interest how much did the service cost? Was it a dealer who did it?

It cost me €1200 including all belts, fluids brakes

:ohmy::yawn::crybaby: was that in a Lexus dealer?

better start saving the cents so, mine needs a timing belt and i was going to get the fluids changed as well

:ohmy::yawn::crybaby: was that in a Lexus dealer?

better start saving the cents so, mine needs a timing belt and i was going to get the fluids changed as well

Sorry, Maybe I should be more specific.

Timing belt

Water Pump

All other belts

Diff oil

Gear Oil

Engine Oil

Pre-Nct check

Air filter

Oil filter

Fuel Filter

etc

etc

So he did everything and no it wasnt a lexus dealer it was a place called car tork in Clane, Kildare. There were all original Toyota parts so thats probably where I got stung. I think the water pump alone was €150 + fitting. I was in shock :sick::sick::crybaby: but at least I know the car is mechanically sound.

€1200 weighed up against peace of mind, is it worth it......

No if I can just get the back end of my car to stop hopping all over the place :whistling:

:o What exactly did they do for 1200 Euro? That seems like there was something major wrong with your car or else you got ripped off! Where did you get it done?

Edit: sorry just saw your last post now. Still seems a bit steep. Maybe i just got a good deal on mine1

do u know the price of the timing belt alone is 400 euro .cause u have to buy 2 idlers and a tentioner and thats not including fitting.Any one who brings a car from japan its the first thing that should be done is the timing belt and make sure ye get the belt ,the two idlers and the tentioner its pointless doin it otherwise :winky:

do u know the price of the timing belt alone is 400 euro .cause u have to buy 2 idlers and a tentioner and thats not including fitting.Any one who brings a car from japan its the first thing that should be done is the timing belt and make sure ye get the belt ,the two idlers and the tentioner its pointless doin it otherwise :winky:

Didnt know it was that much! Thats the bad thing about bringing a car in yourself from japan, You might get it cheaper but them you have to spend another grand or so to get it working in a reliable, NCT passable manner. I got mine fully serviced from the crowd i bought it off before i got so no problems

• 3 weeks later...

Didnt know it was that much! Thats the bad thing about bringing a car in yourself from japan, You might get it cheaper but them you have to spend another grand or so to get it working in a reliable, NCT passable manner. I got mine fully serviced from the crowd i bought it off before i got so no problems

Who did you buy it off??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links