Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Apexi Neo Afc Vs Power Enterprise Camcon

IRLRs200

So i was going to get a camcon controller but someone told me about the Apexi Neo AFC. Just wanted to get s few opinions on these 2 products, have people heard anything about them? Anyone use them? Ive heard the Neo does everything the camcon does them and more. Heres a link to the NEO: linky

Only going on what i've heard... but the word is that the cars ECU will tune out the effect of an AFC after a while so you would need to keep reseting the ecu in order to keep getting a benefit....

Advice i was given is that AFC are a waste of cash.... that put me right off getting one even though it was recommended by takakaira that it should be used with the Power intake...??

I think the jury is still out regarding camcons, some say they work well others say the improvement is only slightly noticable for the costs involved.... ie purchase and dyno time...

:)

I think the jury is still out regarding camcons, some say they work well others say the improvement is only slightly noticable for the costs involved.... ie purchase and dyno time...

IMO the camcon is 1 of the best bang for buck mods you can do, yeah you have to pay for dyno time but your gonna have to do that with any ecu up-grade

your spend a similar amount of cash on a new exhaust/induction kit and only get a few extra Hp if your lucky

the main thing with the camcon is you get more torques as you can adjust cam positions and at the end of the day torques are what your looking for!!!!, as this is what plants you in the back of your seat not Hp

IMO the camcon is 1 of the best bang for buck mods you can do, yeah you have to pay for dyno time but your gonna have to do that with any ecu up-grade

your spend a similar amount of cash on a new exhaust/induction kit and only get a few extra Hp if your lucky

the main thing with the camcon is you get more torques as you can adjust cam positions and at the end of the day torques are what your looking for!!!!, as this is what plants you in the back of your seat not Hp

So trying to install it myself would be a big NO NO?! Have to try and find someone over here that could do it so, not looking good!

Isn't there a crowd down in wexford that could set it up for you?

Will cost ya though.... let us know how you get on

Not sure Noel, dont know many places down the sticks! was going to buy it online then try get someone to fit it. Any idea how much for fitting and dyno'ed?

• 1 month later...
my maybe up for sale at the beginning of the next year with the TDI settings ;)

But wouldn't those settings be only relevant in your car??? otherwise they could be set up by the manufacture and nobody would need to dyno their cars..... :unsure:

so anyone used one of these on an IS200??

I have one fitted and there is definately an improvement in torque and increased bhp. I've got a dyno chart too. There is also a chart around here somewhere, fitted by TDI to an N/A IS200

We're on about the camcon.... yeah?

so anyone used one of these on an IS200??

I have one fitted and there is definately an improvement in torque and increased bhp. I've got a dyno chart too. There is also a chart around here somewhere, fitted by TDI to an N/A IS200

We're on about the camcon.... yeah?

The ECU fitted to your car :) does all of what the camcon can do :D

When we go doewwn to the rolling road in March ill ask the lads there can they do it for me. Hopefully wont be to pricey. Would it be easy enough to install it yourself, then get some crowd to tune it in? Save a few quid on installation!

Also would there be any problems in having an Apexi RSM ans camcon running together?

When we go doewwn to the rolling road in March ill ask the lads there can they do it for me. Hopefully wont be to pricey. Would it be easy enough to install it yourself, then get some crowd to tune it in? Save a few quid on installation!

Also would there be any problems in having an Apexi RSM ans camcon running together?

I think one of the Irish Altezza lads was actually fitting one himself. He was asking about a couple of the wires. I'm not sure hoe he got on or who tuned it though.

I think one of the Irish Altezza lads was actually fitting one himself. He was asking about a couple of the wires. I'm not sure hoe he got on or who tuned it though.

do u know who Adie?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links