Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Third Time Lucky For Leather Replacement

alpappy

HI I wonder if anyone had had a similar problem My almost New IS 250 leather panel on the drivers seat was rough and did not match the rest of the seats The dealer checked it out and agreed it was below Lexus standard A new one was ordered but is the almostthe same as the present one. The dealer was also not happy with it either and has sent it to quality control NOw I beleive they are waiting a new one from Japan Colour is black.

Could be a duff batch?

Alan

HI I wonder if anyone had had a similar problem My almost New IS 250 leather panel on the drivers seat was rough and did not match the rest of the seats The dealer checked it out and agreed it was below Lexus standard A new one was ordered but is the almostthe same as the present one. The dealer was also not happy with it either and has sent it to quality control NOw I beleive they are waiting a new one from Japan Colour is black.

Could be a duff batch?

Alan

Alan - these things are the most frustrating - could be dodgy batch. It's like buying a new leather sofa, and finding one of the cushions does not quite match 100%. I am sure that any panel in the same colour as yours should be the same, maybe 1% out either way. See if they have a demo car, or a new one in the showroom/same colour and see how close that is.

It happened to us with a dining table once, where the bolt on wooden legs was a slightly different shade. In the end, we had to have 4 new legs for the table as it would haven 8 weeks for a new table with no guarantee it would perfect. We took legs off the one in the showroom - which whilst not the same grain/shade as the top, matched each other and we settled for it.

Hope you don't have the same trouble!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links