Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Turning On/off "acc" Mode On Ignition

On the IS250/220 is it possible to turn on/off the "acc" mode of the ignition without the car thinking your next step is going to be to start the car. If I forget to fold in the mirrors or something then I press the engine start button without pressing the clutch and I get power to fold them in. If I press it again without the clutch it lights up the dashboard ready for starting the car. If I press it again it seems to go back to "acc" mode but starts chiming at me. I can't seem to get it to just switch off except by locking the door at that point. Any ideas?

On the IS250/220 is it possible to turn on/off the "acc" mode of the ignition without the car thinking your next step is going to be to start the car. If I forget to fold in the mirrors or something then I press the engine start button without pressing the clutch and I get power to fold them in. If I press it again without the clutch it lights up the dashboard ready for starting the car. If I press it again it seems to go back to "acc" mode but starts chiming at me. I can't seem to get it to just switch off except by locking the door at that point. Any ideas?

If you look at page 105 of the manual, it is clear that pressing the Start/Stop switch without depressing the clutch pedal should cause cycling through:

"OFF" - "ACC" - "IG-ON" - "OFF"

The engine will start from any of these states if you depress the clutch and press the Start/Stop switch. My car does exactly that.

The table on page 12 showing the circumstances in which alarms sound seems to suggest that you might have the driver's door open when switching to "OFF", but other than that I'm afraid I have nothing helpful to suggest.

i will have a look for you tommoro and see if this can be done by the customize procedure on the computer as there is a few options you can change using it will let you no

Fancy attempting the first mod for auto-mirror closure on the new IS?

D.

Mine Cycles through Like Sagitars. Even if I decide to fold the mirrors in after the first press, I can fold mirrors, and then press start again (w/o clutch), it goes to full ACC mode. then if I press again it switches off totally.

Holding the Start button down does not allow mine to be used a Toggle feature as intimated above by madmacs- it could be a Euro thing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links