Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus V Ford Fiesta

peter026

Went to go to work today and found a young girl trying to start her car...............I thought that car is awfully close to my Lex :duh: . Upon further investigation, I found that my wing was embedded in her door. It transpired that she was driving up the road when the engine cut out, couldn't restart it, so had one of her passengers push it back down the hill to bump start it.....................The only problem was, the only bump she had, was when she hit my Lex.

Now to the damage report.............The Lex has red paint on the wing, and a scuff on the bumper and tyre.

The Fiesta, one stoved in door and wing.

Just goes to show how solid the Lexus is built :D ........Insurance Co's informed and now just waiting to hear from hers. Diamond motor insurance.........Must say I have never heard of them, but my company, Norwich Union said if I haven't heard by Thursday, to ring up and they will authorise repairs, and reclaim back from her insurers. All rather painless.

Hi,

Mine got rear ended by another car a while back

LS400 suffered 3-4 marks on rear bumper and one chrome tailpipe pushed on a bit further.

Other car front bumper demolished,headlights and a concertina restyled bonnet!

Mines sorted now, hope yours goes alright,

Cheers,

Steve

Sorry to hear that! :blink:

Diamond motor insurance is one of them companies that only insure women drivers because they are 'safe drivers' *cough*, hope its all sorted soon mate.

I find their adverts quite offensive! Male drivers are not all boy racers like their adverts imply! :excl:

As is the Sheilas Wheels advert.... ^

Sorry to hear of the bump Peter... from what i've heard though, Diamond are very good with their payouts... so if nothing takes effect by Thursday, your own insurance company will give the go ahead to get your car back to a showroom condition :)

Hope the lass in the fiesta was okay...

Just goes to show how solid the Lexus is built :D ........

I hit a fiesta up the a*** in my IS200 a few years ago. He stopped at a zebra before the pedestrian even got to the crossing.

The Fiesta had a small dint in the back corner.

I had : new lights (not smashed but broken brackets), one wing, bonnet, bumper, one radiator, various aircon stuff, timing belt cover, timing belt, and no doubt lots more bits and bobs, and then an alternator and cat !

In fact if you look at my post in this threadhere - i never got rid of a noise that developed as a result.

Considering he only ended up a foot into the zebra, I reckon I had reduced my speed a lot when I hit.

So, yes they are well built, but it all depends on where the point of impact is.

Hope it is a painless claim against her. I have a few stories about that as well. Not that I crash a lot :blush:

Just goes to show how solid the Lexus is built :D ........

I hit a fiesta up the a*** in my IS200 a few years ago. He stopped at a zebra before the pedestrian even got to the crossing.

The Fiesta had a small dint in the back corner.

I had : new lights (not smashed but broken brackets), one wing, bonnet, bumper, one radiator, various aircon stuff, timing belt cover, timing belt, and no doubt lots more bits and bobs, and then an alternator and cat !

In fact if you look at my post in this threadhere - i never got rid of a noise that developed as a result.

Considering he only ended up a foot into the zebra, I reckon I had reduced my speed a lot when I hit.

So, yes they are well built, but it all depends on where the point of impact is.

Hope it is a painless claim against her. I have a few stories about that as well. Not that I crash a lot :blush:

Pete have you found NU to be helpfull with your claim, I am really still hating them after all my trouble.

NU have been excellent, have been with them for years, and have had 4 no fault claims on various cars, all dealt with in 1st class fashion, so am very loathe to change to cheaper insurance, for that reason.

They even rang me to ask if the third partys insurance had contacted me yet about getting the repairs done.

Assesor checked today and will fax estimate to Diamond, so hopefully repairs can get started sooner rather than later.

Hope I don't turn up at the Xmas dinner in a Skoda :tomato:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links