Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Strut Bar

jay m

looking into getting a front strut bar for the added support but dont know which ones will fit for 2 reasons, the first being i have an induction kit which may sit slightly higher than the standard air box and second being that i have the edfc motors on the top of my struts.

i have seen various ones which look like they may fit but still unsure.

has anyone else seen or have one fitted in a similar circumstances?

Yeah its gone now, real shame coz I loved the way it sat under the hood.

The reason for selling the Katayama was because it wouldn't fit over the EDFC motors and Dave couldn't get any modified mounts for it. Also it wouldn't fit over the inlet manifold with the supercharger pipe on.

I think they only one that does is the Cusco. I know Zee has one with the EDFC motors and I think Gord had one that went over the inlet.

TBH, seeing as you have coilovers the next step would be uprated ARBs, if you haven't already. They'll be more effective that the strut brace.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.... a cusco strut brace came up on e-bay and as it was a bargin i bought it, and much to m delight it fitted perfectly over EDFC and Induction....... however one of the bolts snapped on the top of the strut, was the last one as well, didn't even put that much strain on it :shifty: however its done now and it must be fixed. I think it should still be alright for a while as the other 2 are stil there and bolted to the brace but would like it fixed. does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this or it a new part job, i was considering the pillowball style upper mounts for my teins but dont know if i can afford it quite yet as its been an expensive month lol :P

any suggestions much appreciated.

some pics to show the bar and the damage incase you have no idea what im rambling on about lol.

photo0164wj8.jpg

photo0165zf7.jpg

jay

fitting is easy, whilst the car is on the ground (do not jack it up) undo the top mount fixings put the bracket on and do them up again, remembering to torque them up, Do one side at a time.

rear is a little more difficult as you need to measure and cut a slot on the boot liner.

Don't make a great deal of difference, Do look good under the bonnet tho'...think uprated ARB's are more effective.

Still on the lookout for a suspension upermount if any one has any lying around i would be more than happy to pay for it.

thought about taking the old one out and drilling it out and putting in another bolt but i'm trying not to bodge the lex unlike my pug lol.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links