Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Religion

peter026

I am getting tired of this country trying to be PC.....It's all going over the top. A BA air stewardess suspended for wearing a crucifix. Come on. they say it's OK for a Muslim to wear a ha-jib or a Sikh to wear a Turban and steel bangle, but for a Christian to wear her religious symbol is, in a mainly Christian country frowned upon by those in authority.

Is this, by trying to please the minority, a step too far. We have flown on Muslim owned Airlines, and my wife has never once been asked to remove her Crucifix. Does this mean that if we fly BA she will be asked to remove the offending article before being allowed to board.

I have no axe to grind against other religions, whatever faith they follow , I take the people I meet at face value, regardless of their beliefs, so should those in authority, and let us practice and/or wear our religious talismans whatever they are, without hindrance from those that think they know best.

Already some Councils are renaming Christmas and Easter to avoid embarrassing minor faiths. Come on get a life, and let us live ours as we want without Big Brother watching over us.

Just a postscript, I will not be logging on tonight as we have a winter-fest party to go to, they used to be called Christmas Parties not long ago :duh: . I know it's early but the people who are having it will be in New Zealand in Dec and Jan

I also apologise to those I have offended by posting this rant

I read the crucifix story in the mail today and had exactly the same response. The powers that be seem orientated towards positive discrimination these days and this is the main cause of all the frustration out there. Personally i couldn't care less if you are white, black, pink, green or purple but i do resent the fact that some minorities get preferential treatment because the authorities are scared they will be called racist or discriminatory.

As contraversial as it may be i am a great believer in the fact that this is Britain it has its own laws and should not pander to anyone else, just as other countries have their own laws and you should obey them should you visit anywhere abroad. Would any other country have officials forcing people to remove the national flag in case it offended anyone :blink:

easy answer,, ban religion......would solve 99.5% of the worlds problmes..

harsh but i have to agree with you there

i have many christian, hindu, muslim friends etc and i take aneutral stance in all this as i dont consider me to be part of any religious group.

as a neutral thought it does seem to cause far too much trouble.

no offence to anyone who may take offence :duh: :tomato:

religon fills holes for people that have holes that need filling...

My personal take on religion is its a load of tosh. People who need something to believe in or follow are un-directional indiduals.

I'm a Christian and its not about being "religious". Those that get too involved in ceremonies and stuff are in danger of missing the point. Its about having a relationship with G.od.

J.esus was against religion where it involved people doing things just to look good or which caused other people suffering. He was pretty scathing of the religious leaders when he was around on the earth.

Everyone needs G.od. We all have holes that need filling. You can fill it with all kinds of junk or deny its there but fill it with G.od and life gots a lot better. It did for me and loads of people I know. And no we're not all emotionally damaged. In the churches I've been in there have been all kinds of people from different backgrounds, cultures, people who are confident, outgoing and successful and those that are quite the opposite.

I have no problem with people following their own religion, but when their beleifs are forced into a society that has no certian religion i see it as a protential problem. worship who, what, where they like. But i see Britan becoming weak when it is forced to adapt to every different persons faith. where as other countries stand by their beleifs to keep running their country the way it has been for many years.

thats my two pence. :)

I'm a Christian and its not about being "religious". Those that get too involved in ceremonies and stuff are in danger of missing the point. Its about having a relationship with G.od.

J.esus was against religion where it involved people doing things just to look good or which caused other people suffering. He was pretty scathing of the religious leaders when he was around on the earth.

Everyone needs G.od. We all have holes that need filling. You can fill it with all kinds of junk or deny its there but fill it with G.od and life gots a lot better. It did for me and loads of people I know. And no we're not all emotionally damaged. In the churches I've been in there have been all kinds of people from different backgrounds, cultures, people who are confident, outgoing and successful and those that are quite the opposite.

Everyone needs ***....yeah...righto! :tsktsk:

Originally the PC brigade was all about getting rid of slang words that were derogatory and demeaning to people of other races and religions, which I am all for in this day and age, but now the powers that be have, in my opinion gone way too far, a fanatical leader from a minority ethnic race /religion will now say jump and the government says how high.

I'm all for welcoming these people into our, once great country, but please blend in with the British way of life.

There was a time when a traditional British dinner was roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, but that has now changed.

What other PC changes have the Bureaucrats of Westminster in store for us.

We already have Enid Blyton books being re-written, poor Noddy is loosing his friend Big Ears, because it is not PC. I had a friend when I was serving in the forces, who had sticky out ears, We called him wing nut, he didn't mind at all, but call him that nowadays and you are liable to arrest

Various Nursery rhymes, that we were taught as we grew up are all being, either changed or banned.

This thread is not wholly or solely about religion, but a wider aspect of Political correctness gone mad, changing customs, and the way we perceive life, that have been a part of the British culture for centuries

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links