Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wiring Nightmare

just wired up a new stereo in my is200 se wich was easier said than done but now my clock, out temp, and wing mirrors are dead, im thinking this is due to lack of an acc cable as many things were removed in the fitting of the stereo including the standard amp so a few spare wires left back there.

does anone know whic wire was which, ive seem some diagrams on here but either it didn't say or i miss read it completly lol.

any help much appreciated :hehe:

jay

just wired up a new stereo in my is200 se wich was easier said than done but now my clock, out temp, and wing mirrors are dead, im thinking this is due to lack of an acc cable as many things were removed in the fitting of the stereo including the standard amp so a few spare wires left back there.

does anone know whic wire was which, ive seem some diagrams on here but either it didn't say or i miss read it completly lol.

any help much appreciated :hehe:

jay

You could have blown some fuses, One of my previous post shows which fuses control what, check that it might be something as simple as that. i blew the fuse for the cigarette lighte when i hooked an amp up to my standard HU

look here

Very nice job indeed. :) looks great, is that a screen mounted in the facia plate?

I have an Se model too, and been pondering about ripping out the Stock HU and Amp and install my Kenny + Screen. but a bit unsure about the nightmare that job discussed :duh:

Any advise would be appreciated please?? :blush: :D

1 - Am i right in thinking that the rear speakers are infact TWIN set-up Sub cone and the 6x9 above it? so 4 wires coming off them.

2- Would you have to replace the back 6x9 speakers or can you run the bottom subs (if any) off the AMP and the above Speakers off the headunit?

3 - I have a Rockford fossgate Amp 2 chnl. will that be able to run the rear sub speakers?

This will make help me greatly and hance i can start the Install over the week-end hopefully.

Cheers

Dibslpg

Dibs, yes u can. U dont have to change the rear speakers if you dont want. You can just drive 1 set of channels or (i think) you can just bind the 2 channels and run it as 1.

I am running my stock speakers off a clarion amp, and its doing ok. But i've found that my speakers are starting to loosen just a bit, if I thump it too hard, as my amp is overpowering the speakers by around 4x ...

But i think its a good idea to do things in phases and sequentially .....

i'd say go for it!

Thanks a lot BernardTamHK,

Help to clear up a few thinks, so i'm right that the back speakers are stacked with the sub underneath. I willl most likly run the 6x9's off the Head Unit and the bottom Subs off the amp. :D

I would have to set the Amp to the lowest setting to start off with at first :P

Cheers fo rthe Information mate..

I still say we should have another section within this section for the SE, Sports Models Wiring guide etc... :question:

Thanks,

Dibslpg

Dibs, yes u can. U dont have to change the rear speakers if you dont want. You can just drive 1 set of channels or (i think) you can just bind the 2 channels and run it as 1.

I am running my stock speakers off a clarion amp, and its doing ok. But i've found that my speakers are starting to loosen just a bit, if I thump it too hard, as my amp is overpowering the speakers by around 4x ...

But i think its a good idea to do things in phases and sequentially .....

i'd say go for it!

the rear speakers are not subs, there midrange, tweeters

Monster-Mat, I thought that their were 4 speakers on the back board, 1 set speakers and 1 set subs or similar? :question::lol:

I am looking at the wiring diagram for the IS300 (been told the same set-up for the IS200) and it shows the back is made up of a rear Speaker and a woofer on either side with 4 set of cable running to the stock-Amp.

know i am confussed :blink: would i be able to wire up the amp to the back bottom set of speakers or not? or would i have to replace them?

Dibslpg

the rear speakers are not subs, there midrange, tweeters

Monster-Mat, I thought that their were 4 speakers on the back board, 1 set speakers and 1 set subs or similar? :question::lol:

I am looking at the wiring diagram for the IS300 (been told the same set-up for the IS200) and it shows the back is made up of a rear Speaker and a woofer on either side with 4 set of cable running to the stock-Amp.

know i am confussed :blink: would i be able to wire up the amp to the back bottom set of speakers or not? or would i have to replace them?

Dibslpg

Hey Dibs what i did was, take the wires off the woofer part of the bottom rear speakers, its the wires you can see if you look from the boot. If your amp has a high level inputs you can wire the factory L+R cables straight to this(your amp should have came with this wire. Then run new cables out of your amp into your speakers. What i did was hook a subwoofer up to my amp so plenty off bass now coming from the factory wiring.

Not sure if this what you meant. My plan is to run an 2 RCA leads from my soon to be installed new HU(just waiting on new amp to arrive)to 1 2 channel amp for the sub then a 4 channel amp to power all the new speakers im going to put in. Ill try make a liitle guide as i go along

I would love to put a Sub box in the boot (spare Rockford 10" from my last car), but i have very little space as it is the LPG Tank takes half off it up :crybaby: and the babies pram the rest. :crying::crying: mind-you the original subs are very good indeed.

MY Plan: any suggestions would be appreciated:-

Remove Stock HU and the Standard Amp bridge the wires across etc.. buy the in-line wire connecter (Maplins) and splice the new HU wires in with out cutting the existing wiring block.

Twin Din fascia Plate, installing a Kenwood Mp3, DVD, Video CD, MP4 etc.. Head Ubit & on top a Motorized 7" pop up Screen unit.

Run the back existing woofers off the Amp :P , the top cones (6x9) and front door speakers off the Head unit. Mount the Amp in the boot with RCA's, remote live running down the middle and power down the passenger side. :hehe:

I think this will work has it would require minimum amount off messing around and replacing all the speakers etc. I will probably start to replace the front door speaker some time next year.

I think the above plan might work and if any of you guys have any tips or advise it would be greatly appreciated. :hehe:

Cheers

Dibslpg

I would love to put a Sub box in the boot (spare Rockford 10" from my last car), but i have very little space as it is the LPG Tank takes half off it up :crybaby: and the babies pram the rest. :crying::crying: mind-you the original subs are very good indeed.

MY Plan: any suggestions would be appreciated:-

Remove Stock HU and the Standard Amp bridge the wires across etc.. buy the in-line wire connecter (Maplins) and splice the new HU wires in with out cutting the existing wiring block.

Twin Din fascia Plate, installing a Kenwood Mp3, DVD, Video CD, MP4 etc.. Head Ubit & on top a Motorized 7" pop up Screen unit.

Run the back existing woofers off the Amp :P , the top cones (6x9) and front door speakers off the Head unit. Mount the Amp in the boot with RCA's, remote live running down the middle and power down the passenger side. :hehe:

I think this will work has it would require minimum amount off messing around and replacing all the speakers etc. I will probably start to replace the front door speaker some time next year.

I think the above plan might work and if any of you guys have any tips or advise it would be greatly appreciated. :hehe:

Cheers

Dibslpg

You could mount a small sub behind the center armrest in the rear :P I've seen it done on this site somewhere. I'd replace the standard 4 rear speakers with a decent set of aftermarket 6 x9's the woofers are only 25watt. replacing the rear speakers is easy once you know how. Follow the guide on here. i'd run the new 6x9's off the amp and front off the new HU.

Thats just my opinion :lol:

You could mount a small sub behind the center armrest in the rear :P I've seen it done on this site somewhere. I'd replace the standard 4 rear speakers with a decent set of aftermarket 6 x9's the woofers are only 25watt. replacing the rear speakers is easy once you know how. Follow the guide on here. i'd run the new 6x9's off the amp and front off the new HU.

Thats just my opinion :lol:

Cheers for the advise IRLRs200,

Centre Arm rest: Only Problem is that i can not gain access to the back of the Arm rest (LPG Tank in the way) + very little room left. Unless i take the seats apart. :hehe:

Would the 6x9's handle the power of the Amp :ohmy: It might Blow them or weaken them over time?

And would i still have the Bass has i do now through a pair of 6x9's on the back shelf. Only shame thing is that i have no space in boot for a Sub :crybaby:

However i have see somewher here that someone had a SUB set-up under the drivers seat?? Not sure how this would work interm of the box size but sound like a good idea to me.

Cheers

Dibs

I havent actually replaced my 6x9's. But im sure new ones about 300 or 400w sound give you more bass. i think that hooking up the factory rears to a different amp could blow them. You can get bass boxes like this that fit under the front seats.maybe stick 1 under each seat!

And maybe some 6x9's like this would give you some good bass

I havent actually replaced my 6x9's. But im sure new ones about 300 or 400w sound give you more bass. i think that hooking up the factory rears to a different amp could blow them. You can get bass boxes like this that fit under the front seats.maybe stick 1 under each seat!

And maybe some 6x9's like this would give you some good bass

I will look at what power the existing 6x9s are and if they are not up to spec they will get replaced. Cheers for the links. That is a great SUB :D

Dibslpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links