Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Over Boost

goodoldgrandad

Has anyone got any recommendations for setting Over Boost for the Aristo Mk 2 VVTi twin turbo without stressing the standard engine or reducing reliability?

1. For driving all the time with better performance than standard stock.

2. For occassional performance blasts on a one-off basis.

3. The over boost limit when I should set the fuel cut to "pull the plug" before it blows up !!

Has anyone any actual test figure of what additional BHP difference these setting typically make or 0-60 trials for the Aristo on standard and over boost settings ?

It will be interesting to find out if this is a "value for performance" mod to do.

Hello, I have the Apexi AVC-R fitted in ashtray (Picture) and the maximum boost is set to is 1.2 Bar.

I have been told that anything above 1.2 can cause problems to the ceramics in turbos.

All this was set up by Thor Racing and the BHP was 390.

Hope this helps.

Bye the way Snap same car same colour. lol. :D

All the best

Regards Paul.

Mines set to 1.2 bar with a scramble thingy allowing 1.3 bar for 10 seconds :D

Will have a standing 1/4 time tomorrow as its at Santa Pod :blink:

Been chatting to another member who is of the view a manual boost controller is better as electrical ones can spike....

On a stock Aristo, 1.1 bar is OK. This equates to 50% over-boost via a Blitz boost controller.

Past that, the fuel cut will come in for safety.

I now have a TOMS ecu, so fuel cut is removed. My fuel map is enhanced also by the TOMS ecu. As a result, I ran 1.2 bar recently and took the RWD 1st place at Car Club Shootout 1/4 mile event. :)

The difference would appear for 1/4 mile times

stock - 15.1s @ 94mph

boost up to 1.1 bar - 14.1s @ 99mph

boost up to 1.2 bar, with downpipe, competition cat, intercooler, ecu - 13.5s @ 104mph

I would expect that time to be lower with at Santa Pod as the surface at Crail is ***** and I was running a road tyre.

To give you an idea how ***** the surface is, BMW M5 400hp runs 14.1s at Crail but the manufacturer will claim 13.7s.

** Also, I run an Air/fuel ratio meter which tells me when I'm getting to the dangerous side of too much boost. 1.3 bar WILL kill your engine if you under fuel ***

On a stock Aristo, 1.1 bar is OK. This equates to 50% over-boost via a Blitz boost controller.

Past that, the fuel cut will come in for safety.

I now have a TOMS ecu, so fuel cut is removed. My fuel map is enhanced also by the TOMS ecu. As a result, I ran 1.2 bar recently and took the RWD 1st place at Car Club Shootout 1/4 mile event. :)

The difference would appear for 1/4 mile times

stock - 15.1s @ 94mph

boost up to 1.1 bar - 14.1s @ 99mph

boost up to 1.2 bar, with downpipe, competition cat, intercooler, ecu - 13.5s @ 104mph

I would expect that time to be lower with at Santa Pod as the surface at Crail is ***** and I was running a road tyre.

To give you an idea how ***** the surface is, BMW M5 400hp runs 14.1s at Crail but the manufacturer will claim 13.7s.

** Also, I run an Air/fuel ratio meter which tells me when I'm getting to the dangerous side of too much boost. 1.3 bar WILL kill your engine if you under fuel ***

that would tie in with my time @ Pod 14.1 @ 98 mph same spec as yours but with factory ECU (limited to 1.2 bar)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links