Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fuel Gauge Has Quit

Hello all, new here... only owned the car a week and already having problems. Stereo is messing me around with Err3 messages and not ejecting or taking cd's,but thanks to a quick search ive found out I basicly need a new one!

One other main thing which just happened this evening was, fuel ran low, light came on, 6 miles later pulled in and put in £10- only cash i had on me. So jump back into the car and notice the gauge hasnt moved one bit, drove the car home, another 20 miles and the gauge just keeps falling lower as if it totally hasnt recognised the fuel I put in, so tried another garage and stuck in another tenner. Same thing.

Tried searching this a few times but couldnt find anything really relevant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, just incase its something simple before I get ripped off at my local dealer.

Cheers in advance

Harry :crying:

I've heard of something similar before but think in those cases it sorted itself out - have you tried putting a tankful of petrol into the car and then seeing if that resolves the problem?

after you have refuelled, turn the key to the on position for a few seconds and the needle will then register the fuel uplift, if u turn it to start straight away sometimes the computer throws a wobbly but it soon comes back

Perfomed a couple of tests today, lifted out the sender unit in the tank and shorted out the two lives wires to see if the fuel gauge moves up, and hey presto it did, so that left me with a faulty sender unit. Built it all up and took down my chassis, engine number etc to order the new part. Then i started it to park it again and it decided to work... Very strange! Perhaps I disturbed something and it fell into place again or maybe theres a faulty connection, ah well it works now so im doing nothing untill it stops again!

Cheers for help guys

Oh, anybody any ideas as to where id get another cd player? Should I just start calling round local scrap yards etc? Don't think they are coded from the factory. Its for an 00' IS Sport.

Harry

ive had this before put 40 quid in when wa very low, i tried everything so i htought the pump was broken i actually went back to the stataion and told them so, went outside and tried it again and it worked, i looked very silly, think the car was in a bad mood with me

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links