Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I have just found that the spare wheel on series 1 sport requires different wheel nuts when it is put onto car. The wheel nuts on the front road wheels do not fit properly as the spare has a deeper recess for the nuts to fit into.When I pointed this out to Lexus Coventry, even though I bought the car from them over 4 yrs ago,ordered the nuts required for me at no charge.Although many of you Lexus "veterans" may know this, I am sure many owners wont. So check the wheel nuts in your kit in the boot.

I have just found that the spare wheel on series 1 sport requires different wheel nuts when it is put onto car. The wheel nuts on the front road wheels do not fit properly as the spare has a deeper recess for the nuts to fit into.When I pointed this out to Lexus Coventry, even though I bought the car from them over 4 yrs ago,ordered the nuts required for me at no charge.Although many of you Lexus "veterans" may know this, I am sure many owners wont. So check the wheel nuts in your kit in the boot.

Interesting I have a spare sport wheel and aftermarket brace.

I did find out some time ago that only certain nuts fit the sport wheels and you need to get a thin wall socket to get the nuts to tighten to correct torque.

I presume the spare to which you are referring to is a spacesaver type spare.

yeah im looking every where for a wheel brace that fits in the little plastic mould under the carpet, got a 4 prong thingy

its just not the same all the ones ive tried fir the nut but wont go in the wheel , too wide :)

steve

I did find out some time ago that only certain nuts fit the sport wheels and you need to get a thin wall socket to get the nuts to tighten to correct torque.

no. the spare series 1 sport wheel is same pattern as front wheel but designed to fit rear in emergency. the correct nuts for this wheel are longer to enable socket to fit. the wheel has slightly different recess to enable fitment to front or rear even tho its not as wide as the normal sports rear

no. the spare series 1 sport wheel is same pattern as front wheel but designed to fit rear in emergency. the correct nuts for this wheel are longer to enable socket to fit. the wheel has slightly different recess to enable fitment to front or rear even tho its not as wide as the normal sports rear

Dave

Am I missing something here. You appear to be saying that a standard sport front wheel will not fit the rear but surely the standard with sport wheels will fit the front and rear.

Some sports had standard (front size) wheels all round as mine did.

I replaced my standard sport rear wheels with the wider 10" wheels so carry one of the old standard size sport wheels as a spare.

This explains why I had Five wheel nuts in the boot. I have MK1 Sport wheels and a Standard 16" spare.

Spare wheel is 18" same as the road wheels but is fitted with 245/40/18 tyres as are the front wheels.The rear are 275/35/18. To enable fitment of spare when needed the extra length nuts are required to enable the wheel to fit....due to the deeper recess in the spare.

Lexus Coventry have just supplied them FOC even though I purchased the car from them May 2002.If anyone wants the part number I have it on the packet they came in.I was given 5 nuts but really only 4 are needed as the locking nut is longer anyway so the wheel brace still fits that one

Regards Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links