Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I know all you IS owners have done this mod but I bet there are not that many Mk1 GS's with superbright headlights.

I can't beleive the difference and for once it does what it says it does on the box.

I went for a 6000k kit which gives a nice blue/white light which compliment my rather bright blue/white LED side lights - at least they are not brighter than my headlights now!!

Can we ask how much the conversion set you back Keith?

I know all you IS owners have done this mod but I bet there are not that many Mk1 GS's with superbright headlights.

I can't beleive the difference and for once it does what it says it does on the box.

I went for a 6000k kit which gives a nice blue/white light which compliment my rather bright blue/white LED side lights - at least they are not brighter than my headlights now!!

Where did you get your sidelights from? I've been looking for some to go with my 8300K HIDs :unsure:

Some pics would be great :D

Sorry guys, missed your response to my post.

I got the HiD convrsion kit from a guy on eBay who trades from Canada but offers telephone support from the UK. He was recommended by GS Sport on here and I found the support very helpful.

Here is the eBay link - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Xenon-Wholesale-Store I had a look see today and he is currently not trading. Here is the link to the website with their fitting instructions which you all may find of interest - http://www.visionbulbs.com/vb_installg.php

The kit was as good as I had seen from many UK suppliers and at half the cost.

Not much to see fitting wise as ballasts are located under the air intake box and beside the Battery in the inner wing area. The only wiring visible is the connections to the Battery and the fuse and relay set-up as this kit operates from a single headlamp connector power feed.

My sidelight LED's were from an eBay seller too but some time ago and I am not sure who it was now. I have used Ultraleds before but find them a little pricey.

I will post some pics soon. Need to download my HSCC photos from Brands Hatch today first.

Sorry guys, missed your response to my post.

I got the HiD convrsion kit from a guy on eBay who trades from Canada but offers telephone support from the UK. He was recommended by GS Sport on here and I found the support very helpful.

Here is the eBay link - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Xenon-Wholesale-Store I had a look see today and he is currently not trading. Here is the link to the website with their fitting instructions which you all may find of interest - http://www.visionbulbs.com/vb_installg.php

The kit was as good as I had seen from many UK suppliers and at half the cost.

Not much to see fitting wise as ballasts are located under the air intake box and beside the battery in the inner wing area. The only wiring visible is the connections to the battery and the fuse and relay set-up as this kit operates from a single headlamp connector power feed.

My sidelight LED's were from an eBay seller too but some time ago and I am not sure who it was now. I have used Ultraleds before but find them a little pricey.

I will post some pics soon. Need to download my HSCC photos from Brands Hatch today first.

Here's some pics, bit poor but gives an idea of brightness:

BrandsHatchPics10-1.jpg

new Xenon HiD's on and and blue/white LED sidelights

BrandsHatchPics10.jpg

with standard fogs showing yellowy light (old headlights were very similar) on and blue/white LED sidelights. Headlights are off just reflection from camera flash.

They look good Keith :winky:

So which kit did you get... was it the 9006, and was the price any different from eBay compared to ordering direct?

Tony

Think I paid £140 or so for the kit and yes it was the 9006 for dipped beams.

The output in terms of brighter light is a great as standard lights on full beam.

It would be interesting to see what a similar set up on the full beam lamps would be like.

So far so good. Not been flashed yet by any other drivers but then I set them quite low on the manual adjuster.

They look good Keith :winky:

So which kit did you get... was it the 9006, and was the price any different from eBay compared to ordering direct?

Tony

Think I paid £140 or so for the kit and yes it was the 9006 for dipped beams.

The output in terms of brighter light is a great as standard lights on full beam.

It would be interesting to see what a similar set up on the full beam lamps would be like.

So far so good. Not been flashed yet by any other drivers but then I set them quite low on the manual adjuster.

Thanks Keith... best start saving me pennies :blush: :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links