Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Problems With Website

weird that people are having issues... I use IE6, Firefox, and Opera and have no problems whatsoever in accessing.

I suspect something local to the users (firewall or active antivirus or something)... <scratches head>

Leland

weird that people are having issues... I use IE6, Firefox, and Opera and have no problems whatsoever in accessing.

I suspect something local to the users (firewall or active antivirus or something)... <scratches head>

Leland

Id have thought the same but it also happens on 3 work pcs. I use AVG virus scanner and Kerio firewall, also scan my PC with Ad-aware 6 and Spybot - search and destroy

I think i may have a reason why and thats because we had a security mod installed that filter high payloads.

I have a tech looking at this.

However, times of the day precicesly may help me look in the error logs and see what error (if any)

please make a note of the time and I will look into this. Also if you know you IP this helps but dont worry.. I will trace it and see if it is the same error.

Firefox must handle this stuff differently.

Leland

Id have thought the same but it also happens on 3 work pcs. I use AVG virus scanner and Kerio firewall, also scan my PC with Ad-aware 6 and Spybot - search and destroy

Again, this reinforces my suspicion... the only real difference that I can see is that I do not run anti-virus or firewall software of any description (not even the built-in windows firewall) on ths PC itself. Instead, I use external hardware actively inspect/monitor the traffic through the network.

L.

Please can you describe exactly what you do when you enter the website and it goes blank.

Are you getting the problem just browsing or posting?

Can you note exact times when this happens so we can trace the error logs (if it is a server prob)

The more descriptive i can be to the techs the better

A screen shot would be better ?

Just press ALT + PRINT SCREEN to capture a screen shot of your browser ............

Then paste it into a desktop publish tool.......... paint will do.

I had a problem at 13:50 today.

Unfortunately no point in me doing a screen shot, as my screen doesn't change, all I get is a empty web loading box at the bottom right hand corner, then in less than a second it disappears, and leaves me with the screen I was originally on, as though I hadn't done anything.

Just to note, I have no problems with any other sites, apart from the TOC website, and it goes at the same time as this place.

I do have current problems with not being able to see animated smilies and some user posted images, on all forums I frequent, but don't think that's anything to do with it (although I have no idea lol)

A screen shot would be better ?

Just press ALT + PRINT SCREEN to capture a screen shot of your browser ............

Then paste it into a desktop publish tool.......... paint will do.

Pic was sent in the PM

Here it is anyway.

error.jpg

This is what what I get when refreshing the main forum.

ok guys.. i have made a modification to the server

please report any errors to me by PM with times of the error and IP if you can.. hopefully this is now fixed.

Erm, I'm sure I saw this posted somewhere ... but couldn't find it ........... (didn't really look hard enough)

However, has anyone else noticed ......... that when you look at the "Todays Active Posts"

You see the threads ............. they have 0 Views ....... but they have like Replies to them ? :unsure:

Erm, I'm sure I saw this posted somewhere ... but couldn't find it ........... (didn't really look hard enough)

However, has anyone else noticed ......... that when you look at the "Todays Active Posts"

You see the threads ............. they have 0 Views ....... but they have like Replies to them ? :unsure:

Over HERE mate :D

thats good.. I installed a security module to the server but i read up that it can cause problems with some forums... so we disabled it. So far so good.

I've never had any probs when using IE6 or any other PC but I do when I use PC2003 CE on a mobile device - WLAN or GPRS, keeps asking me to D/L an Index file, when I refuse, nothing happens, when I do, again nothing happens, no virus's etc.. reported on any device.

No probs with Gold either, goes in first time everytime.

Use standard H/W Firewall built into Router and AVG Anti-Virus

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links