Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Problems With Website

I'm having trouble when accessing the LOC website. I will be on it for a minute or two, and then suddenly everything changes to a blank white screen with the letter H in the top left corner. Is this a problem with my pc/internet explorer or is there some sort of isssue with the site. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

very strange and I am looking through why this could be happening. Time to raise a ticket with the support at invision.

damn i need a holiday :(

hmm this sounds like might be a server problem.

Anyone else been having problems??

We did a security audit and had some settings changed so this may be the cause.. alot has happened over the last few days.

Steve, thanks for looking into this. closing and restarting internet explorer does not seem to make any difference. Sometimes i can get the same thing for hours, or i can click on the website 5 mins later and it is working. I follow the link www.lexusownersclub.co.uk which takes me to the front page if it is working, but most of the time i get a white screen with the letter H in the top corner. Sometimes if i get to the front page the little preview of the latest forum topics on the front page is also sometimes blank with the letter H in the top left corner, and when i click the link to the forums it does not work either. Other times I will manange to get to the forum and be looking at a topic or post for a minute or 2 then the screen will just go white again with the letter H.I would also like to point out i am not having any problems accessing any other websites and forums. Hope this helps in figuring out what is wrong. I only just managed to stay on long enough to post this reply, this is my 3rd attempt.

Thanks

Habeeb

I don't get any letters but do get Server not found very often recently....

gets very slow at times too, checked who was on and there is usually less than 20, hate to be on when there was 500 plus

happened just now as i tried to post this ......

weird... the server has been fine for me and no reports of it under strain at all.

whats weird is that only IE has the problem and only a few people.

I also noticed issues with the site yesterday. I kept getting a capital H in the corner of the screen. I am using a work pc, which is very well protected, have done so for ages without any issues. I tried the site from my home pc also, and got intermittant issues.

What i need to do is figure if it the forum software or the server.

If any of you folks get this again please coud you try and browse some of the news articles by clicking the headlines at the top of the page

let me know if you can view all the articles.. have a good click around and let me know what you get please.

No problems for me that I've noticed, under IE and Firefox works fine...

Note that if the server itself refuses a connection with a TCP RST or the socket times out, IE will wrongly give a DNS error (Server not found) instead of a more appropriate error for the condition. This will undoubtedly confuse some people.

Leland

Please ensure that you do not have any spyware on your machine.

I have seen someone with this on another forum so it may not be LOC. Firefox is working fine so it is a IE issue.

Please ensure that you do not have any spyware on your machine.

I have seen someone with this on another forum so it may not be LOC. Firefox is working fine so it is a IE issue.

Must be an opera issue as well.

Spyware gets checked everytime PC is booted up and then every 2 hours after. Virus scan everymorning whilst at work.

do you use a firewall?? Whats the set up you use??

Yeah right :blink::blink: I'm a techno freak I'm afraid.

I run windows XP on a laptop. Which wirelessly connects to a silver box with Linksys written on it, and that plugs into me phone line, which conects to AOL Broadband---helpful?? lol

I also use AVG virus do dah and zonealarm.

do you get any errors at all?? or is it just slow?

Not slow, nothing happens at all when I either type the web addy in, or click it in my favourites, say if I was on Google webpage, clicked the LOC in my favourites, the addy will come up in the browser bar, and then nothing, leaves me on google, no time outs or nothing, it's as though I hadn't pressed anything. I once got a load of gobbledegook, but that was a while back, haven't had any problems until the last few days, and toady seems to be going OK so far.

I have not been able to get on to the site for the last 2/3 days again. I have discovered however that my computer has the java/byte verify virus which I am currently trying to remove, however this shouldn't be the cause of the problem. I am running Zonealarm security suite as my firewall and antivirus and spyware. I also am running AVG anti virus and spyware doctor as well as kapersky anti virus. The problem just seems to be with accessing this website only for me.

I have had no problems lately, a bit slow a few days ago.........I use IE and /or Opera and run Norton internet security suite which automatically updates once the PC is logged on

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links